tourist visa vientaine laos

lumpy

I am going north to Laos and want to get a double entry tourist visa for Thailand while I am there. Is this possible or are they only giving a single entry 30 day visa that I can get on any regular entry into Thailand. Anyone done this lately?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll need to fill in a few gaps before I can give you a complete answer.

Where are you now?

Where are you initially travelling from and to?

What is your itinery? i.e. Planned no. of days of each visit in Thailand/Laos etc.

farangbaa

No, double or multi entry visa have to be applied for in your home country before you travel to Thailand.

lumpy

If you're already in Thailand on a 30 day visa, get a visa for Laos, travel to Laos and then return to Thailand, you will get another 30 day tourist visa stamped in your passport on return to Thailand.

I have gone to Malayasia in the past and got a 6 month double entry visa in 1 day and returned to Thailand. I want to know if I can do the same in Vientaine since I will be in northern Thailand. I now live in Phuket but my triple entry visa that I got in Canada expires next month.

Maokaang

Pls see my reply above. I am a Canadian living in Phuket. I am going north for a holiday and want to get a new visa. I want to get at least a double entry, not just a regular 30 day entrance stamp. I searched the site but can't find out if I can get a double entry visa in Vientaine. If I can't get the double entry visa I won't bother going into Laos. I can wait until I am back in Phuket and just do a visa run to Burma or Malayasia.

Cheaper , easier and faster.

Hi lumpy

Have never tried applying for a dual or multi visa from Laos. I've family in Vientiane, but they're not sure either. If you can't get an answer from the board you could try contacting the embassy in Vientiane. Details below .....

Royal Thai Embassy, P.O. Box 128

Route Phonekheng, Vientiane

Tel. (856-21) 214581-3, 214585

Fax. (856-21) 214580

• 2 weeks later...

I have just answered my own question,since I am now in Vientaine. This morning I went to the Thai visa office and was herded like cattle slowly into the office. Approx 45min wait to get into office and 15min wait to get to visa window. I asked for a double entry tourist visa and after looking through my passport the lady said ok. So tomorrow afternoon I go pick up my double entry tourist visa and go back to Thailand.

The longest part of the process was getting to the visa window. The forms are supplied while you wait. All I needed was 2 photos to go on the application. I asked a few guys doing visa services and they couldn't do it any faster. The cost was 300b for each entry and 2 entries was the most they would do. I wanted a triple but was told "no no canot". The office accepts visa applications in the morning only and returns the passports with the visa the next afternoon. So now I am good for another six months with the extensions I can get.

DB, I got a triple-entry Non-Immigrant visa at the Thai consulate in Hawaii way back when. That was a long time ago, though, and I'm on annual visa now with no visa runs. But people used to express dismay when I showed them that. It was pretty simple: 20 dollars per entry, in and out of the consulate in 15 minutes. Pearl City. A nice elderly Japanese-American couple ran the place for the consular official (who was the owner of Honolulu Book Store).

Archived