tourist visa vientaine laos

lumpy

That's interesting; they flatly told me they do not issue double entry when I asked last year. I'll have to give that a shot again next time. The wait in line to submit your application is getting ridiculous. Rather than open another window, it seems they have hired someone to manage the line, allowing only a few people inside to the air conditioning at a time. Go figure. Anyone trying to make the window by noon coming from the Udon/Vientiane flight is going to be cutting it real close. I'd recommend getting a Laos visa in Bangkok to increase your chances of making it to save the delay of getting a visa on arrival.

Now technically, I think you might be good for 8 months if you have a double entry -- I believe for 500 baht you can get a 1 month extension in Bangkok to each entry.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the time I got MY triple Non-Imm, the consulate in Hawaii was apparently the ONLY place in the U.S. giving them. Not even the consulate in LA or the embassy in Washington was offering them, or so I was informed. That was a long time ago, though.

Blackie

Last year I got my double entry tourist visa in Khota Bura . I arranged it in Patong with a travel agent, It only took 3 hours in Malaysia without any problems. I didn't even go into the consulate we just filled out the papers and dropped the agent at the consulate and went shopping.

By the way, back to the original subject when I went to pick up my visa the next morning in Vientaine ( I was trying to get it early so I could make travel connections) I was able to get the visa immediatly by paying an extra 300B. So no waiting in line in the afternoon,by 1100 we we back in Thailand on our way to Khon Kaen for songkran.

The triple entry tourist visa I was refering to was obtained in Vancouver. I have done this twice all you have to do is ask. They normally give double entry but I have friends that have been doing it for years. With all the extensions it can almost work out to a 9 month visa. Depending on when you do your visa runs on your 2nd and 3rd entry.

lumpy, thanks for the info about paying some extra for speedy processing... Two days ago I got my double-entry tourist visa again, but this time the (new) female officer actually asked me some questions, like what I'm doing in Thailand(!) Since I couldn't tell her the truth that I'm drinking and whoring, I told her with my most winning smile that I'm living together with a Thai girl in Bangkok. She then went on to explain that she would grant me a double-entry this time, but if I wanted one in the future, I needed a copy of my girlfriend's ID card, and a letter in Thai from her stating that we're in fact living together!

Archived