Easier to get Cambo visa in BKK ?

gobbledonk

Hi All,

To get a visa for Cambo here in Oz, I have to send my passport to the embassy in Canberra (trust me, you dont visit our nation's capital just to get a visa .. after Vientiane, its the second most boring city on earth).

Having gone through the 2 hour process at the Laotian embassy in BKK, I wondered if it might be easier to just lodge the application in Thailand. I would be flying to Pnomh Penh, if that makes it any clearer - not sure how the visa run guys did it, but I dont want to be stuffing around at the airport.

Thanks,

Gobble

You can go to the Cambo Embassy here in BKK and get a visa in 15 minutes, no more waiting several days.

Need US cash, or you will pay a bit more in Thai Baht.

On-line is good as you print out the visa and give them a copy at the border. Like Dave said, it doesn't take up a whole page in your passport.

I have done both and both are OK and the same cost, if me remembers correctly.

IF you are flying into Phnom Penh, you can get the visa on arrival so long as you have a US$20 note and one or two photos? (cheaper than the $25 e_visa). No problems.

If you do not have a $20 note you will be charged more in conversion.

If you are crossing by land it's much better to have the e_visa or visa from embassy in BKK. You can still get a visa upon arrival at the land border, but Cambodian immigration operate various scams to extract more money for the visa.

:beer:

Archived