"Amazing Thailand, Amazing value"

simie

Who are they trying to kid with their latest tourist campaign? Amazing value, I hardly think so especially if you are paid in £ or Euros! Not with the way prices are in Bangkok and most tourist areas now. A good example is my wifes shopping. She always used to have her first few days in Bangkok buying cheap cloths and shoes for herself and as presents for the family when she went up to Korat. She now buys them in the UK before she goes for far less money and better quality. The £ now down to 48B and the Euro also low. I think many will be having second thoughts about a Thai holiday this year, especially if it drops much lower?

Simie.

LOS is NO longer inexpensive!

Get over it!!

To rent a decent condo...nothing under 20K Baht ($600 USD)...that is not farkin cheap!

Bar fine, 500 Baht (if you can find it), $15.15.

Hello Cambodia, Lao, Viet Nam and Phillipines!!!

Good bye LOS...

FWIW:

Scratch Cambodia off the list, too!

It also has become increasing expensive during the last 4-years, especially for the women.

I still travel there, but now only to visit friends, though I now hate going into PPenh, and to explore more off-road areas via motorcycle.

FWIW:

Scratch Cambodia off the list, too!

It also has become increasing expensive during the last 4-years, especially for the women.

I still travel there, but now only to visit friends, though I now hate going into PPenh, and to explore more off-road areas via motorcycle.

So, where do you go for women nowadays?

Unfortunately LOS is not expensive enough!

In Europe it happens from time to time that a tourist destination becomes greedy, upping the prices, lowering the service, running more scams, e.g.. It doesn't take long that the tourists vote with their feets and the country is forced to deliver better quality/better prices. I don't see this in LOS. In the last 2-3 years everything became worse (scams, traffic, prices, e.g.)

Who are they trying to kid with their latest tourist campaign? Amazing value, I hardly think so especially if you are paid in £ or Euros! Not with the way prices are in Bangkok and most tourist areas now. A good example is my wifes shopping. She always used to have her first few days in Bangkok buying cheap cloths and shoes for herself and as presents for the family when she went up to Korat. She now buys them in the UK before she goes for far less money and better quality. The £ now down to 48B and the Euro also low. I think many will be having second thoughts about a Thai holiday this year, especially if it drops much lower?

Simie.

well the aussie dollar was doing great against the baht over the dec/jan period when i went and the shopping was as good as ever. bought great quality clothes that would've cost me thousands here in oz but only cost me a few hundred despite filling a large suitcase.

found a shop in siam square selling nice shirts for smart/casual nights out...400 baht per shirt and the shirts fit great, don't seem to fade, don't really crease unless u put something heavy on them, iron easily, are fashionable and durable. I wish I'd bought ten more and kept or sold them they are great. ditto my jeans and undies. Shopping is amazing in thailand and i didn't even buy a suit.

the hotels are still great value, better value than in the phils or anywhere else in the world i have traveled. ditto for the food.

where los is no longer great value is places like bars and obviously when u are paying for sex. but if you stay out of those kinds of places then it is still the best in the world IMHO...

I tend to agree with this, a guy who lent me his car in Oz for a couple of weeks asked me to bring him back half a dozen "cheap" shirts and I've shopped around a little locally and found a wholesale outlet that has really nice stuff for 200-300B.

Getting the fat cunt's size could be a problem though. ;)

Archived