BKK-AKL-BKK

persil

Time for the regular pilgrimage back home to NZ.

Looked at Thai website, quoted me 40K

WTF?

Tried www.bestflihts.com.au, even more expensive.

Anyone here have any better suggestions? Or suggestions for a reliable cheapflights website?

Try Massic Travel website. It's a Pattaya based agency but fares are comparable with what's on offer in BKK. Gives you some ideas anyway.

http://www.massictravel.net/promofares/?AUSTRALIA%2FNEW+ZEALAND

Looks like Cathay cheapest at 27,500 baht.

It might be an idea to research flights to Sydney or Brisbane and use one of the cheaper budget airlines from there to NZ

Let me know if you come up with any interesting deals or routes please. I was thinking of visiting my niece and family who live in Auckland this Christmas.

:beer:

Not sure what the flight time is for BKK-AKL, but its bloody depressing spending 4 hours just to clear the Oz coastline from BNE. The rest of the flight seems like a downhill run :)

Then you wouldn't want to be traveling from Anchorage, Alaska. They have to fly south 3-5 hours to Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco or Los Angeles to make a connection before flying almost straight back over where they originated before connecting to another flight in North Asia. That's really gotta suck.

Agreed - we had a thread while back where folk related the joys of flying from places like NYC to LOS - you dont need to be a Geography teacher to know that there are certain points on the map that will just suck totally. I recall a doco on this poor bastard who left Oz to pursue various Russian women over a period of a couple of years - worst case had him on a train for 3 days in Siberia, only to find a manipulative minx at the other end of that icy line. Makes me want to run out of the hotel and kiss the Pattaya ground right now :)

Archived