Cost of Living in Issaan

ABCinBK

Hi Jaybet3,

As you are aware I brought my nightlife down to Chumpon. We prefer the intimacy of the hong naam, the sofa, the balcony rather than a discotheque.

I spent around 5.000 baht/month on her by giving her pocket money and buying some clothes when she sees something she likes. I know she wants more (a house for when I will be dead...) but she is not to pushy and I have plenty of time before committing myself to such a foolish project, she is fairly happy she does not have to work any more and today counts more than anything else...

Chumpon does have a night life however: 2 discos, some real restaurants, one movie theater (thai rubbish only) and plenty of karaoke bars where ladies are yours for 150 baht/hour.

thalenoi,

thanks for the info. so for basically USD 1000/month you're living the life. Sign me up!

I probably won't get over there till next year and after I do the butterfly thing, but once I get bored w/that, I'll be looking forward to chillin' "far from the maddening crowd."

My only concern is that I'll be 43 years old so I won't qualify for a retirement visa and I'm not looking to marry a T/G anytime soon. So the prospect of doing a border run every month makes me cringe.

How would someone in your neck of the woods take care of this monthly ritual?

jaybet3

Archived