Attach emoticons to email - how can do?

Flashermac

What is the easiest way to attach emoticons, photos etc inside the text of a Yahoo email? It must be possible, since I get some myself from friends. I mean when things appear within the body of the text, not as an attachment at the top or bottom of the message ... :hmmm:

If you're working through the web interface for Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. and you want to 'embed' the photo into the message itself, the only way is to copy and paste -- eg., highlight the material on an existing site, copy, then paste it into your email message.

So, if it was a personal photo you would need to have it posted somewhere or uploaded to a site like flickr, picassa, etc.

If you were using Outlook or Thunderbird with gmail (don't know if they work with Yahoo), you could embed it directly.

All the big web-mail apps have an emoticon button on the message toolbar to let you insert those (unless you've set your mail to go as plain text, in that case you need to change it to rich text formatting or HTML [what it would be by default] -- and that's the same for copying and pasting from another site, your messages need to be set for RTF or HTML to make it work with anything beyond text)

Archived