IMEI change for Siemens S45

gettingno

Does anybody know if it's possible to change the IMEI for a Siemens S45 phone somewhere in bangkok? A year ago I try that at MBK with a siemens S35i but had no luck.

I know that DTAC now let customers use their own phones but I still have to use AIS

I did it last month at MBK for 800B - worked a treat.

Since then I've tried the Siemens ver 21 firmware upgrade off of their web site (as I was using ver 11 with the Apr calendar bug) - the upgrade hung up, and the phone went dead. Guess I'll have to make another visit and part with more cash at MBK.

Cheers

@Palatkik

hmmm I didn't made the upgrade to ver 21 yet so I wonder if this could be a problem about changing the IMEI. Are u in bkk right now? Let me know if u could fix the problem.

I got this phone new so actually I didn't know much about the siemens s45 but what I hear so far it must be a great phone.

I don't plan to follow this up with the Siemens service center until the end of the month. Another guy I know has fixed IMEI # after upgrading to v21 without problems.

I believe v21 is still beta...and v14 is the last firmware final release to date.

Cheers,

Archived