Jomtien Hotel Tips ?

sidsanuk

Hi,

Mrs Sid and I are heading over to BKK for a bit of work, family visit and R&R. We often head down to Jomtien for a few days. (Just South of Pattaya)

I know, there are better places to go, but it's not too far to travel, not expensive and the beaches and restaurants suit us fine. But feel free to sugest other spots that might suit.

We have tried a few different Hotels. First couple of trips we stayed at the Rabbit Resort. Great place but a bit expensive for our budget at 4-6 k per night.

Given that we spend most of the day on the beach and the evenings out for dinner, we figure better to save the money for other things and stay somewhere cheaper. (but not seedy, if you get my meaning).

Next trip we tried a small boutique place called Nirvana Boutique Suites. That was OK. It was fine in fact. A bit down market but not too far down. Set up a Soi about 200 m from the beach.

We are heading over soon and would like to try to find somewhere right on the beach or facing the beach,maybewith a nice pool. Trying new Hotels is such a lottery. We checked out a few last time were were there. One seemed to be full of noisy Russians, another in a bad state of repair etc. Better to go on recommendation I think.

We are not into the big chains. A friend offered us staff discounts at one of the big International chains, which I declined. Firstly the discount price was still at least double a local Hotel. And second, if I want to stay at one of the big names, I might as well go to one here in Sydney. We prefer to go local and savour the culture not look at it through the dining room window :-)

So any tips gratefully received. We are looking for:

On or opposite beach.

1,500 - 2,000 baht range

maybe a pool.

not too close to noisy bars/clubs.

not to popular with mongers. not prudes, just don't want to hear guys bouncing off the corridor walls at 2am.

kid unfriendly! peace is NOT sitting by the pool hearing little Johhny screaming his head off.

We are 40 and 52. Prefer the peaceful life these days :-)

Any thoughts or tips most appreciated.

Archived