suggested "several day tours" out of BKK

temfarang

seeking suggestions on multi-day trips out of BKK.

I am typing the Thai locations / sites / towns from memory, I accept minimal full responsibility for spelling

I have used the trains several times with enjoyed success (= easy!)

what about cross country buses?

I understand Preah Vihear is off limits .. is that area still worth a day trip?

I still might hire a pickup in Surin / Khorat to see a couple temples / sites of that Khmer era ..

I am more interested in "un-restored" (not Ayattuya restored). suggestions.

:grouphug:

Is Pai worth a day :hippie: .. Mae Hong Song .. elephant treks ??

How comfortable / tolerable are the "mountain tribe home stay huts" advertised by some of the elephant trek tour operators.

Udon. Ban Chang? Nakhon? Nong Khai?

.. several of my all time favorite BGs hail from Kalasen, is that a mecca for Issan lasses?

Udon - Chaing Mai cross country .. (not through Bkk)

.. Favorite beaches .. favorite beach views.

I plan wish to enjoy side walks congested with hustlers & streets blocked by traffic jams only a few days at a time.

*the buri's: suphanburi-rachaburi-kanchanaburi-petchaburi.

*temples'n'mountains: petchabun-phitsanaluk-sukhothai-kampaengphet (may be merged/continued with suphanburi etc above!)-ayutthaya.

*gulf beaches: petchaburi-chaam-huahin-pranburi (from umm to stunning)

*khaoyai: chaochongsao-prachinburi-nakhonnayok-korat-saraburi

Guest lazyphil

i did a hill trek for 7 days around may hong song 13 years ago, never been so stinky and smelly in all my life after that, i literally jumped into a rice paddy ditch in my shorts to cool off after that!!!!....the huts are very basic but a great, be it, touristic experience....

Guest lazyphil

i hope its greened up, last time i was there it looked like an african savanah, but yes a nice trip

koh kret on a weekend (i.e. nice market) is nice, a short boat ride from bkk

*the buri's: suphanburi-rachaburi-kanchanaburi-petchaburi.

*temples'n'mountains: petchabun-phitsanaluk-sukhothai-kampaengphet (may be merged/continued with suphanburi etc above!)-ayutthaya.

*gulf beaches: petchaburi-chaam-huahin-pranburi (from umm to stunning)

*khaoyai: chaochongsao-prachinburi-nakhonnayok-korat-saraburi

DOH! Your suggestions will keep me entertained for many evenings

I went over internet maps last evening .. might need to spring for a real map .. or 3 / 5!

I've rented an apartment for 30 days & plan to take several multi-day train / bus trips.

thanks! :up:

i did a hill trek for 7 days around may hong song 13 years ago, never been so stinky and smelly in all my life after that, i literally jumped into a rice paddy ditch in my shorts to cool off after that!!!!....the huts are very basic but a great, be it, touristic experience....

I wanted to go on a trex since my first visit to lOS.

were elephants / white water involved in your adventure.

not sure I can hike for 7 days in the tropical heat :skull: ..

me thinks, 7 days is probably more than I can handle.

http://www.3rdeyetravel.com/price.htm

Guest lazyphil

no elephants or white water, just lots of walking.....i kept telling myself river kwai ww2 pow's were much more uncomfortable during moments of doubt doing the trek!.....some beautiful views on the route and great food....

no elephants or white water, just lots of walking.....i kept telling myself river kwai ww2 pow's were much more uncomfortable during moments of doubt doing the trek!.....some beautiful views on the route and great food....

i kept telling myself river kwai ww2 pow's were much more uncomfortable during moments of doubt doing the trek

I swear to KS that I had the same thought .. + me thinks I would not have survived the railway construction.

although the thought of being my being a 'thin POW' has a positive ring to it. :surprised:

Archived