Protesters held hostages soldiers (28)

Sporty

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think there will be a deus ex machina this time. Too old, too ill. :(

Now that's a shame, 'cause when you're faced with an unresolvable dilemma, a good old deus ex machina always works so very very well in the pinch. :)

To my ignorant eyes (and yes, when it comes to Thai politics I'm exceedingly ignorant), it seems that there are way too many different factions/players vying for power or a piece of the pie that are simultaneously intertwined with both sides. To the extent that it doesn't seem possible to have a strong sense of resolution on the one hand, but on the other I think those predicting this will escalate into massive violence or civil war are likely wrong also.

The 'mai bpen rai' prevents both. You have a status quo of quagmire with occasional periods of stability followed by cycles of unrest/bursts of activity, then back to quagmire.

I don't know. What do you think is going to happen Flasher?

Regardless, I feel sorry for Abhisit, he's the face of a government that is largely impotent and fractured. I wonder what he realistically can do at this point? This is a guy facing tough decisions surrounded by people who will 'switch' if they need to.

Archived