Protesters held hostages soldiers (28)

Sporty

Emergency Operation Command's spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said red shirts protesters have held hostage two groups of soldiers.

The army is negotiating with the protesters to secure release of the soldiers.

He declined to give further details, saying the first group comprised eight soldiers while the second group comprised 20 soldiers.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Protesters-held-hostages-soldiers-30126975.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all of this, whether you support the Reds, or the Yellows, an army that gets taken hostage is suffering a serious insult.

I would have the SAS in there in 20 minutes to resolve this.

The only people who should be capturing soldiers are another army, not citizens with pointed sticks.

TIT

The reason the army acted now is because they were suddenly given the order to clear the area of reds by 9 PM.

The reds don't just have "pointy sticks", some have guns. A red with an AK47 was seen by a Time Magazine reporter on Khao San road.

The reason the army acted now is because they were suddenly given the order to clear the area of reds by 9 PM.

The reds don't just have "pointy sticks", some have guns. A red with an AK47 was seen by a Time Magazine reporter on Khao San road.

Uh, ya. Exactly. Kinda what I said, what?

The reds don't just have "pointy sticks"' date=' some have guns. A red with an AK47 was seen by a Time Magazine reporter on Khao San road.

[/quote']

Uh, ya. Exactly. Kinda what I said, what?

[color:red]

The Protester threw bombs, about 8 PM, and injured a lot of troops, 2 of which died.[/color]

[color:red]I think that was the turning point.[/color]

At 8 pm, protesters at Kokwua Intersection hurled bombs at the troops, prompting troops to retreat to be in front of the Borworniwes Temple.

The protesters kept on throwing bombs at troops while troops retaliated by firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesters.

Several soldiers were injured and were dragged out of the battle scene by peers.

Many were seen soaked with blood.

The Nation

Battle for Phan Fa: Blood spills on both sides

Published: 11/04/2010 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

"What was to be a peaceful anti-government protest by the red shirts turned deadly when grenades were thrown and shots were fired at Khok Wua intersection at 8.30 on Saturday evening."

[color:red]"The impact of the first grenade blast left 20 soldiers lying in a pool of blood as Bang Lamphu residents watched in horror."[/color]

FULL STORY

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/35931/blood-spills-on-both-sides-during-battle-for-phan-fa

Is this Seh Daeng's wonderful doing? He has bragged about training Red Shirts in guerrilla warfare and promised to the lead them against the Army ... of which he just happens to be a member.

I do despair about Thailand. The situation is a bad or worse than the 1970s. Thailand doesn't move forward, it goes in circles. :(

p.s. Outside of the "war zone", you wouldn't know anything is happening.

Thailand doesn't move forward, it goes in circles. :(

As a cabbie (!) explained to me, the 'going in circles' is at the heart of the Red Shirts' anger : they claim that the military can throw out any government it doesnt see eye-to-eye with, and Thailand will never be able to move forward until that changes.

p.s. Outside of the "war zone", you wouldn't know anything is happening.

I still look at the footage of the last days of Saigon and shake my head - so many people still needed to be evac'd when the North Vietnamese Army were shelling the outer suburbs. What the hell did it take to convince these people that it was time to pack up and leave ?

Will there be tanks rolling down Suk by week's end ? Agree that its doubtful, but didnt some predict that the Red Shirts would pack up and go home after Week 1 ? Plenty of itchy trigger fingers on both sides now, and it appears that the gloves are off. It appears that you-know-who will have to step in.

Archived