Western Prostitutes VS Thai BG's

Pom_Jao_Choo

OK I'm gona move this in a slightly different direction

than you actually thought it was going to be about.

SUPOSE you had some western prostitutes who were not by

chance in the work so much from being from broken homes or otherwise damaged goods. And supose they were put to work in a simular environment as a Bar-beer, do you think this would change them greatly ? Would they become more personable and fun ?

I doubt it myself, there would still be all that social brain damage from society and most importantly they could never grasp the Thai concept of everything from planting rice to cleaning house as being Sanuk.

And your thoughts are ?

my experience in Thailand parallels that which i have had in most of the Buddhist world...people tend to be pretty good natured and uncomplaining, or more accepting of their lot than in the west......i have heard the response in the Theravada Buddhist world to someone's child being run over by a car, "well what kind of karma did they create to have that happen," as opposed to in the west, "i'm going to kill the son of a bitch who did that." This is a pretty profound difference, and it definitely comes into the world of BG's....i see the difference also between Asian women who have lived a long time overseas,and those who live in the far east.....

I've been told by a firend who I see occasionally and has recounted his experiences with western prostitutes to me. That they might have difficulty adapting to the Thai ways.

Instead of lying on their back with their legs spread, smoking a cigarette or filing their nails and then saying "'alf an hours up luv. you'd best fuck of or pay us an extra sixty quid".

They'd actually have to pretend to like the customers and provide them with a service, rather than just act as an extra layer between the man and the matress while he "chak wa".

All though having never ever even considered paying for sex, let alone indulging in the heinous deed myself I can't understand why people would be so curious.

Cheers

up the Latics

SiLeakHunt

would you go out when next in LOS if not at present and pay a sexy young hore a thousand baht and describe your findings for us, thank you. better still get two together and tell us about it.

"they could never grasp the Thai concept of everything from planting rice to cleaning house as being Sanuk. "

uh...I'm afraid many thais didn't quite grab that concept either...

You have unintentionally made your question awfully difficult to answer except by wild guesses. I'm not surprised that there are not many responses...

First of all, what do you mean by "Western"? Is it Western in the same sense as appared on BBC World TV - "What the the Indian travel industry really wants is that Western tourists come and spend their dollars in India", i.e. they really must have been thinking "USA". Even within North America and all of Europe people have quite different attitudes.

You are also asking us to guess how a normal, well-adjusted girl might behave in such a situation, in contrast to the ones we may be used to encountering in the business ('damaged goods' as you refer to them). How we whoremongers would have a clue...

You are also not stating whether the question covers the behaviour in the bar or also the time when barfined.

However, despite standing in many ways on thin air, I would claim that also Western girls would be 'more personable and fun'. The key is that the Bar-beer environment probably seems like the 'best possible world' for the girls who are working there and can swallow the basic premises of the operation.

As far as I understand, they are earning a fairly decent basic wage and there are no nasty quotas on the number of times 'off' or ladydrinks sold. Otherwise I cannot understand how bar-beers could remain such low-pressure places. This also implies that deciding to go or not to go with a customer is really a choice. I would consider it quite likely that the girls would be able to behave more like 'normal girls' which is probably what you mean by "personable and fun". In my experience, I have not noticed these adjectives to apply to Bar-beer girls in any vaster amount than e.g. to girls in gogo bars. There is definitely much less open greed than in gogos, though.

The only evidence I can offer is my experiences in a European country when the strip club scene was booming there. In my opinion the situation was quite comparable to Bar-beers. There were lots of clubs, so there were plenty of choices where to work [check]. There were lots of customers and the clubs imposed a cover charge for the show; as a result, the dancers were paid quite good basic salaries and also got basic accommodation on behalf of the clubs (the clubs wanted to make it easy to get new girls to work). This provided quite adequate or even attractive basic income, especially since many dancers were from low-income countries [check]. Sex was required not to be part of the services provided by the dancers, but they had the choice of earning more money by giving private dances to the customers on the premises. These could be quite unpleasant excercises depending on the customer's level of drunkenness and the extent of his perversions. The girls also quickly found out that permitting a fairly liberal amount of groping was a good recipe for getting repeat customers. Not exactly real sex, but clearly something that 'good girls' don't do [check]. And guess what - while those conditions held, the dancers were quite personable and fun at least in the club. Outside activites were not part of the deal so I have no experience on that. However, I have heard that young and handsome guys were quite able to pick up dancers and have a good time also after hours, even up to bedding them with no charge - just like normal girls [check].

Naturally things went bad quite soon. Much less customers, no more guaranteed basic wage, much less choices where to work, nasty rules and quotas imposed by greedy club owners... Not surprisingly, only the mean bitches with no other choices are left in the business nowadays.

Wagner

This is a very interesting topic! Let us reverse it some...I believe most BG become BGs for the money and lack of oppurtunity. This profession only requires looks and a body...personality is learned. Basically alot of normal farm girls go into this job as a way to make alot of money when they have no oppurunity .

Western girls have other outlets to generate wealth. Western women have much more oppurtunity and rights thus allowing them other choices. There is a small percentage of normal women that go to the moonlight bunny ranch or other nevada brothels for the money. There are some normal women who have fallin on hard times and must sell their services on the streets. Both of these situations are in a very low percentage bracket to the general population.

So it is un-comparable! However, we could compare BG to the normal nevada brothel girls and thus these girls would shit bricks if they had to turn tricks for 1000 baht compared to the 200 us minimal for a 45 minute missionary stint.

SkiBum

>Basically alot of normal farm girls go into this job as a way to make alot of money

>when they have no oppurunity

>

Note that the question was about Bar-beers. I don't think the girls are making "a lot of money" in those places compared to the earning potential in a gogo bar. The pace is much slower, often customers don't barfine at all and probably will prefer long time. However, some girls clearly don't like gogos. In the bar-beer where I spent a fair amount of time, one of the more acttractive girls actually had worked in a gogo bar but obviously preferred not to.

And actually the girls have other opportunities, they just provide poor wages. For instance, one of the gogo girls I barfined had rather nasty burn scars on her hands. She had got them working in a plastics factory for 100 Baht a day. That is what I was referring to when I stated that the girls working in bar-beers probably consider them "the best possible world".

>turn tricks for 1000 baht compared to the 200 us minimal

>

I think we are supposed to assume that the level of income would be adjusted to the cost of living in this hypothetical "Western Bar-beer". So the money would be much more in a more expensive country. Besides, tricks are not as expensive in countries where legal prostitution is not such a tightly restricted monopoly.

Wagner

"Besides, tricks are not as expensive in countries where legal prostitution is not such a tightly restricted monopoly"

Quite right,full service may start as low as 20 US$ in some german brothels.Girls(and katoeys as well,plenty of those in Europe too) in some hostess bars will be as friendly as in Thailand.Quality of sex will depend on the girls,the customer,and how much he's willing to give out.One won't be necessarily be fucking a dead body

I think there is the issue of "culture," (for lack of a better word) to throw in here....prostitution, in the west is still seen as rather disgusting and immoral....while it may not be condoned in Thailand, I believe the numbers of men with mia noi's and visiting prostitutes is huge, and i have heard from quite a few normal gals in Thailand (even if they are offended by it), "boys will be boys," in a way that i do not hear in the west...

Archived