Thaksin on CNN from Montenegro

Wallenda

This puts to rest the Thasksin is dead nonsense. I know you thought it was nonsense, but plenty here clearly thought otherwise. Now we can move beyond that.

I saw the clip. My take: he wasn't prepared. It was an ambush. Maybe a better approach would have been to extend an offer to partcipate in an interview. If he turned it down, point to that. As matters stand now, Thaksin supporters can say, with some justification, he was ambushed.

So, now that we know he isn't dead (I also thought that was nonsense) and where he is, press him for an interview with carefully thought out questions. And to be fair: equally hard questions to Abhisit.

Thaksin is avoiding the media and the limelight, and that raises all sorts of questions. Maybe it is to distance himself from events in Thailand. But to fairly demonstrate that Mr. T is distancing himself from the media, make the approach on a fair basis.

Maybe BBC's Hardtalk can invite him for an interview?? Now that would be a sight if he actually made an appearance. And if he didn't, we can muse and comment on his failure to do so.

Archived