Thaksin on CNN from Montenegro

Wallenda

I saw a report on the Thailand troubles a couple hours ago on CNN. It included an interview with Abhisit, a clip of the king's appearance yesterday, and also an attempt to interview Thaksin in Montenengro by a group of reporters who apparently were lying in wait for him.

Just to focus on the Thaksin bit: he appeared to be on his way somewhere and ran into the reporters, who all tried to ask him questions about Thailand. At first he stuttered and seemed at a loss for words, and was trying to turn around and leave in the direction he just came from. When asked "Do you have a message for the people of Thailand?" he hesitated before answering, while turning to leave, "Fight for democracy"

To me what was most interesting was that he was clearly trying to do anything he could to avoid answering any questions. Very unlike the Thaksin I've seen in the past.

To me what was most interesting was that he was clearly trying to do anything he could to avoid answering any questions. Very unlike the Thaksin I've seen in the past.

I am not that much surprised. It seems that everything is going as planned. The red shirt don't need to be rallied at the moment.

And if it gets more ugly he can claim that he has nothing to do with it.

I am not that much surprised. It seems that everything is going as planned. The red shirt don't need to be rallied at the moment.

And if it gets more ugly he can claim that he has nothing to do with it.

The opportunity was blown by that particular pack of media - the key question would have been, do you condone the tactics such as bombs and checkpoints being employed by your followers in Thailand. Put him on the spot with a tough question, not a softball. You don't stake the guy out for days, get your opportunity, and then use your only single chance to chuck him a softball question. Ugh.

Anyway, we got 3 words out of him: Fight for democracy.

The Thaksin bit was blocked here in Bangkok...

I think CCN may have pulled it. There appears to be some questions on when it actually took place.

TH

From Thai Politics

Link

However, there are no western journalists in sight and there’s no date or even clues to the date given anywhere. In the comments to this video someone claimed that Podgorica was soaked with rain in the past few days but the place is dry in the video. Some say the original AP story has been removed, only reproductions, like the one on gmanews, remain.

Don't trust bloggers "questions".

I saw a CNN report this morning, which showed the Abhisit interview on CNN itself from within the last day or so, followed by the appaerance on tv by the king yesterday, and finally they intro'd the bit with Thaksin saying he was now in Montengegro and then showed his run-in with reporters there.

CNN doesn't put fake videos on as part of its reports, or take old footage and claim its new. Bloggers on the other hand do have a habit of twisting info into whatever propaganda they're trying to craft.

The website doesn't include every clip they show on tv.

I don't get why you say they "may" have taken it down. That happens a lot, videos get switched in and out for whtaever reason. But did you see it online before? Maybe the Thaksin part wasn't even up there to start with. And if it got taken down, it probably doesn't mean anything.

Things are nuts enough without looking for conspiracy where it isn't.

Well that wasn't my reason to post this, I never thought it was remotely possible that he was dead or gravely ill. The whole "Thaksin is dead" angle to be kind of inane and embarrassing.

I posted it cuz what was obvious to anyone watching that he was trying to avoid taking any direct questions about what's going on now.

Today, Abhisit went on CNN to state his position, meanwhile Thaksin fled reporters to avoid answering any questions about it.

Archived