Penis Implants

Savittre

Hi,

I saw a documentary about this a few years ago. The implants were done in America (California), not for any real medical reason, just for vanity's sake and that extra inch or so. There was one man who had the operation and was left impotent.

I guess keep the men with knives away from it, if at all possible.

Which type do you refer to?

For medical reasons

I've assisted on a number of these procedures, almost always done following prostatectomies which left the man impotent. A few cases for severe diabetics/smokers (a lousy combination). These are NOT done to increase length or girth.

In the early days, the implants used various mechanisms to be "pumped up". They ranged from merely squeezing the cylinder about 6 times (causing fluid to shift from reservior to implant) to a small pump contained in the scrotum. Impotence do to such conditions allows most of these procedures to be covered by insurance.

For cosmetic reasons

Begun some time ago, but popularized more with the advent of "liposuction". This procedure can be used to increase either length or girth. It's probably $2,000-5,000 USD and NOT covered by insurance. Fat is sucked from the suprapubic region and re-injected into the penis. The patient MUST abstain for a number of weeks following surgery to allow the newly injected tissue to "set". Haven't ever seen one 6 weeks post-op, but I always wondered if it would leave one's member "lumpy".

Hope that helps.

Archived