Victory parade and NATO in Russia

drogon

Foreign troops joining the parade, nice move on behalf of the Russians.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8670589.stm

Kind of reminds me when I saw German troops parading on the Red Square

Doing what their grandchildren never did...

Flashermac: You will certainly recognize some well known German/Prussian military marches, when watching this video with these musics I can't remembering the videos of the Wehrmacht parading on the Champs Champs-Élysées with the same military music.

:drool:

Unthinkable a few decades ago. Also intriguing ... since the Allies insisted upon destroying Prussia. Stalin made sure of it by grabbing Koenigsberg and giving much of the rest of Prussia to Poland. :hmmm:

Good comment: Man darf nicht vergessen, dass Deutschland in seiner Geschichte eigentlich immer ein gutes Verhältnis zu Russland, ganz besonders zum Zarenreich, hatte. Die kommunistische Ära Russlands war genauso eine unsägliche, wie die nationalsozialistische Ära Deutschlands. Zwei Unrechtsregime mit Millionen von Toten. Stalin und Hitler geben diesen Unrechtsregimen ein Gesicht.

p.s. Interesting video:

[color:red]"Good comment: Man darf nicht vergessen, dass Deutschland in seiner Geschichte eigentlich immer ein gutes Verhältnis zu Russland, ganz besonders zum Zarenreich, hatte. Die kommunistische Ära Russlands war genauso eine unsägliche, wie die nationalsozialistische Ära Deutschlands. Zwei Unrechtsregime mit Millionen von Toten. Stalin und Hitler geben diesen Unrechtsregimen ein Gesicht."[/color]

Yep, excellent comment both to underline the fact Russia and Prussia had sometimes good relations and to basically say Stalin = Adolf (even if Stalin's record is far higher).

Maybe the day has come for Russia-Germany-Poland to go along in a friendly way (after all the past between these 3)

Will watch the video back at home -> youtube is blocked here

Archived