Arrest warrant against Thaksin?

drogon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrorism is a term about which many countries disagree (as to its legal definition).

To make it simpler for the Thai justice -> sedition and insurgency (and as in this case the reds don't have the status of belligerents they are simply insurgents)

sedition: Because people promoted (and acted in) resistance against the legal authority.

As a sidenote, the military/police personnel who sided/fought with the reds are guilty of treason

(they broke their oath of allegiance to their country and Sovereign)

insurgency: Basically an armed rebellion against the legal authority (in this case the state of Thailand which is recognized as the legal authority by the UN etc...)

Arson, terrorism are crimes which can be part of the accusation...

True but the word gets used so much it has become a crime in itself. To the point where any act of violent protest = terrorism. I think that's the point sandawg was making. (No, I don't condone it)

United Nations General Assembly has condemned terrorist acts using the following political description of terrorism: "Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them." [4]

OK. I'm no lawyer. But doesn't that suggest there are criminal acts that don't provoke a state of terror etc.?

YES - so many it take a week to list ! Pretty much anything that is not politically motivated, would not be.

Terrorism, is for sure: Politically motivated ARSON, Inciting a riot, that has thousands dead and injured, defying a legal government order to seize and desist, is certainly a few. This list would take a while to finish as well.

I get your point. Arson is definitely a crime. I think a good defence lawyer could argue about it automatically becoming an act of terrorism. The prosecution would have to prove intent.

ONE, maybe your right.

MORE THAN THIRTY, do not think so.

LEADERS OF THE REDS, stating, in the newspaper support. FORGET IT. Bhudda himself better be your lawyer.

Archived