America has dipshit hooligans too

dave32

No offense USV, but these guys are definitely Laker fans too. Not your idea of a fan, but they worship the Lakers and sport their gear.

Most of them looked like 'Los Doyors' fans to me. I stopped going to Dodger games decades ago (unless I got great seats) because of these assholes. Think chain fights in the parking lot in the late 70s/early 80s.

Times have changed, but I don't recall any serious rioting when the Lakers were winning championships at The Forum in Inglewood, which was a largely black neighborhood. There was a lot more pride, and less disconnect, in that community. (Edit: I might add that it probably wasn't the safest place for Mexicans to stir up shit, either.)

Sorry, I don't get the whole 'wearing team gear' thing either. To me, it's just a ghetto fashion sense. I realize a lot of middle class folks do it too, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing team gear. It just looks stupid to me. I used to take the piss out of customers at sports bars, asking questions like, "Hey Romo, did you play today? No? Then why are you still in uniform?" Lucky I didn't get punched in the nose. Many of these types are big, and not very smart.

It is interesting how many gangs adopt particular team uniforms as part of their color or flag. Not just here, Chicago, Houston, Detroit, etc.

Back in the early 90s when gang images flooded pop music and culture (and when the Raiders were in LA) you began to see a lot of music videos with guys wearing LA Raiders stuff. Next thing you know, all these young guys in Indiana started wearing LA Raider caps and shirts -- not because they were fans of the team, but because they were imitating the gangs. Middle class suburban white kids posing.

Oh boy...

I think it's just losers wanting to identify with success, or (in the case of the Raiders) bad-ass-ness.

I admit to jumping on the Raider bandwagon in the 80s, but it was less about their success and more about the Rams abandoning the city after the homicidal wife took over the team.

I also want to say that I'm not blaming all riots in LA on the Mexicans, because I've obviously omitted cases of blacks damaging their own communities in the Rodney King riots, for example. But at least there was a link between what triggered the riots and relevant social issues. There is not a single Mexican on the Lakers. The only Hispanic, AFAIK, is Gasol, who's Catalan and probably doesn't even identify with Spain.

But, IIRC, there were some incidents at a FUTBOL game involving USA vs. Mexico on our home turf at one time. So I take back whatever I tried to say in fairness, I AM BLAMING THE MEXICANS! :nahnah:

And stupid people in general, because no race is exempted from their contributions to society. :sad:

Guest HonoluluJimmy

THE DIPSHIT HOLLIGANS ARE AFRICAN/AMERICANS MXICAN AMERICANS. LOS ANGLES IS NOT THE CITY OF ANGLES IT IS A FINE EXAMPLE OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD TODAY. AFRICANS BACK TO AFRICA AND MEXICANS BACK TO MEXICO, THAT WILL SOLVE MUCH OF THE PROBLEMS.

NOT HOLLIGANS... IMMIGRANTS

Archived