America has dipshit hooligans too

dave32

This lovely group set fire to a cab after the Laker's victory on Thursday. What did the driver do to receive this treatment? He showed up to pick up a fare (note driver escaped by fleeing).

After the game eight people were taken to hospitals, some of them beaten unconscious by people 'celebrating.' 19 vehicles were burned.

Sometimes I hate this fucking place (Los Angeles).

CMdi-lOqDv8&

LOS ANGELES  More than 40 people were arrested following the Los Angeles Lakers game seven win over the Boston Celtics as rowdy revellers burned vehicles, hurled objects at police and broke windows.

Police said Laker fans were arrested for a variety of offences including some for "inciting a riot" as pockets of trouble broke out in Los Angeles rundown downtown core.

The violence marred the post-game celebrations after the Lakers rallied from a 13-point deficit to beat the Celtics Thursday at Staples Center arena to claim their second straight National Basketball Association title.

The Lakers have scheduled a victory parade for Monday and officials are urging basketball fans to avoid the type of violence that took place Thursday night, injuring at least eight people.

While the violence wasn't widespread it did keep police and firefighters on their toes as they responded to three vehicle fires and 15 rubbish fires around the Staples Center arena.

Police said motorists were also harassed as they tried to leave the area and vandals spray painted buildings.

Police said most of the arrests were for public drunkenness, vandalism and inciting a riot. Two people were also arrested for assaulting a peace officer.

Police chief Charlie Beck said one police officer suffered a broken nose after being struck in the face by an object.

At one point a city transit bus was surrounded by a mob of 500 people before police arrived and broke up the crowd.

Law enforcement had stepped up vehicle, foot and on horseback patrols and closed streets around Staples Center this year after last year's celebration also got out of hand.

The numbers of arrests were up this year from the eight in 2009, but so was the police presence.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa had urged people to stay home unless they had tickets to the game, but thousands of ticket-less fans showed up anyway.

County supervisor Mike Antonovich said the troublemakers should be punished.

"Rioters should be prosecuted vigorously, allowed no plea bargains, required to serve full sentences and make restitution for damages," he said.

LINK

Mexicans riot in LA/Land given over to Mexico

Violent scenes following the LA Lakers’ championship-clinching win over the Boston Celtics in the NBA finals saw angry mobs smashing their way through the streets waving Mexican flags as they went.

Meanwhile, a massive stretch of Arizona has become effectively off limits to Americans, Prompting questions over whether the Obama administration is giving a major strip of the south-west back to Mexico.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/mexican-flag-waving-lakers-fans-riot-in-l-a.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/mexicans-take-over-parts-of-arizona.html

"Rioters should be prosecuted vigorously, allowed no plea bargains, required to serve full sentences and make restitution for damages," he said.

Blah blah blah.....sounds great. He must be up for re-election. I agree with the restitution for damages part. The other will cost taxpayers MORE money so I'm all in favor of plea-bargaining and little or no detention. A home detention with an ankle bracelet would work just fine.

"The numbers of arrests were up this year from the eight in 2009, but so was the police presence."

I believe I saw on the news they arrested more than 20 people the day before the game in connection with last years riots, mostly identified from video.

The press gives these hoodlums way too much credit by describing them as 'celebrating fans.' I don't know what motivates them to vandalize, but they are not fans and they are not celebrating. If they had any sense of loyalty to the team or the community, they obviously wouldn't be doing it. I don't know anyone with any real appreciation for any sport who behaves this way, win or lose.

"The numbers of arrests were up this year from the eight in 2009, but so was the police presence."

I believe I saw on the news they arrested more than 20 people the day before the game in connection with last years riots, mostly identified from video.

The press gives these hoodlums way too much credit by describing them as 'celebrating fans.' I don't know what motivates them to vandalize, but they are not fans and they are not celebrating. If they had any sense of loyalty to the team or the community, they obviously wouldn't be doing it. I don't know anyone with any real appreciation for any sport who behaves this way, win or lose.

:yeahthat:

Mexicans riot in LA/Land given over to Mexico

One guy waving a Mexican flag doesn't make it a Mexican riot Cav. The crowd was a mix. Definitely some dumbass gangbangers or wannabes involved.

When you see the guys cheering and laughing (and videoing on their iPhones) while they destroy the guy's taxi it's disheartening.

And 500 people surrounding a city bus trying to drag the driver out? Why???

It's like a bad b-movie plot. Makes no sense.

Thanks for the post U731, I read the LA Times article later and of the 19 large fires only a handful were cars, the rest were rubbish/junk (I said 19 cars burned up top).

No offense USV, but these guys are definitely Laker fans too. Not your idea of a fan, but they worship the Lakers and sport their gear. Not trying to say all Laker fans are fuckwads like these twits.

I like the Bulls.

Hard to get a genuine emotional response outta me, especially off a youtube clip -- but for some reason I saw this crap and just fucking got angry.

Later.

Archived