Buying a CD or MP3 Player in Pattaya

Savittre

Hi Guys,

There's a girl I know here in Pattaya. She's told me she has an audio tape player at her place, but it's broken, she can't listen to her tapes. So, I told her I'd get one for her (no strings attached, in case you were wondering).

Then it occurred to me that in this day and age, tape players may well be obsolete, so maybe a CD player is the thing to get. Then I thought 'speaking of 'obsolete,' aren't MP3's replacing CD's? Get her an MP3 player, she can have hundreds of songs!'

So, guys, if any of you could advise me on the best place to go to browse CD & MP3 players, I'd be grateful to have the info.

All I can think of, in Pattaya, is TukCom on Pattaya South Road, and Big C.

If it turns out that I get her a CD player, where could I find the largest selection of CD's in Pattaya? Many thanks.

Thanks expat and SpiceMan,

Thanks for the tip, expat. Pattaya's hot, and I didn't want to be going all over this town to see what electronics the different stores have got.

And, SpiceMan, you've got a point. She's not computer literate, she doesn't have a computer. I'm going to have to consider that. Maybe some places sell MP3's that have been burned to a CD-ROM disc.

I don't know how many tapes she has, but I will ask. Maybe they DO still sell audio tape players. And if they don't, I'll have to buy her something else for her musical needs.

I will persevere!

Archived