SMS from and to a 12 Call mobile

I have been able to call and receive calls from my tirak in LOS with a 12 Call prepaid SIM.

Is it possible to send and receive SMS? We have tried this a few times but it does not seem to work.

Wondering whether there is a special way to get the SMS up and good.

Thanks

Are you sending SMSs to other users on the same network or another network in Thaland?

If that is the case it should be as simple as composing the message and entering the number.

If the 1 2 plan lets you make sms overseas ( I don't know that it does ) don't forget to add the international prefix. In some cases the international prefix for voice calls and sms may be different. For example in Singapore with I-Pod the international prefix for voice calls is "001" and for sms its "+"

The card most certainly came with instructions which along with your mobile users manual should no doubt answer your questions.

Also,

Make sure that you have the correct SMS Message Centre number for the One-2-Call system.

The Message Centre Number for AIS GSM (not One-2 Call) is +6618110880.

From the One-2-Call website, I got the Message Centre Number to be +6618310808

Maybe that will fix it for you.

You should be able to send and recieve SMS okay on 1 2 Call. Hit * twice to make a + which is short for 001 or the prefix for sending overseas. I think you might have to specify if you want to do overseas calls/SMS's but I left it up to my gf to suss out for me. Also ask them to activate SMS from their website.

You can send free SMS to AIS from http://www.ais900.com/gsmweb

It is free to send and costs 1 or 2baht to recieve it.

Yes, this website allows you to send free, but the person has to register with AIS and provide you with the password.

To register (this is for AIS) and works for both the Pre-paid (One-2-Call) and the normal billed numbers.

1. Type message with a password, 6-8 characters only.

2. Send message to : 900931

You will get a reply sms message that confirms. Save or Archive this message.

To check password : 900930 (Borrow someones phone and send a blank message to this number to see if they have registered already, it will reply back with the password).

To reset password, send a new one to : 900931

To disable service, send a blank message to : 900939

Just an update:

If you send a blank message to 900931 then you can use the system without a password at all.

Not sure if this is the default, or if a person has to actually enable either a password or a blank password.

Sending a blank message to 900930 will let you check the system from any AIS phone.

Cheers!

Archived