Lost Luggage - Urgent

Hamokhamok

Nahhh, Air Italia...when I was working in Italy, EVERYONE (in our work group, 30 people)that flew on Air Italia, including me, had their baggage "lost".

Last time, I flew from Venice to Milan and had about a four hour layover while waiting for the next flight...they put my baggage on the wrong plane...it wasn't like they were rushed or anything, just morons...grrrrrrrrrr

Ok, I thought we were talking about U.S. carriers but if you want to go global, then Alitalia (which is what I think you mean) is not even close. BMI (British Midland International) had a number of 24.5 reports for every 1000 passengers. Alitalia had only (and I say only while trying not to laugh) a 19.6 rate per 1000. U.S. airlines are routinely in the mid single digits for an average.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the day (working baggage service), you'd find something in a bag can, like a teddy bear, on a RUSH tag that was circling the globe just for fun. You'd scratch off the last destination and fill in a new one, to the most bizarre station on any airline and send it off. Some of those little items had been to more places than I will ever hope to see in my life.

• 3 months later...
This is new to me.

Before, they would always deliver it to where you told them, free!

Yup,that is the norm here in England.When this happened to me it arrived by courier the next afternoon.

After all,they fucking well lost it so they can pay to get it delivered!:cussing:

Pan Am smashed a brand new air weight bag on me, then insisted they hadn't done it. Must have been someone at the airport. :(

Rots 'o ruck. Bet the airport did yours too.

You mean like PanAm literally smashed the bag over your head? That wouldn't surprise me too much. :hmmm:

Blaming the damage on the airport is total BS. The contract was between you and the airline when you bought your ticket, third party liability is for them to sort out, not you (AFAIK).

Archived