Where in Bangkok/C.M. to repair netbook

dean

For those of you that have had kids, you will understand my situation. At home, we have a PC, I have a 5 year old Sony Vaio and the three older children have netbooks. My almost 3 year old son, about 8-9 months ago, thought it was funny to throw his glass of water, milk or juice at one of us while we were on our computers. Hr got a little liquid on my sony vaio. I cleaned it as well as possible and took a hair dryer to it and let it sat for 2 days before starting it up. It started but the letters "s" and "d" didn't work. I had someone in Kansas City take the motherboard off and clean under it and got the "d" to work. The "d" worked for a couple of days and stopped working. If I'm using my sony vaio, I copy a "d" and paste it where needed (usually, now, I use the PC, as I am now). My daughter's ASUS Eee took a direct hit of liquid. I tried the same procedures but it won't power on. The same computer guy that fixed my computer said it wouldn't be worth it to try to fix the ASUS;it would cost too much. My wife is coming to Thailand in November and I'll be there in either January or February. I'll probably at least bring the ASUS to see if I can get it fixed for under 3,000 baht. Anyone have any recommendations in either Bangkok or Chiang Mai of a computer person or shop that might be able to fix it? Thanks

Archived