Any Change In Freelancer Locations in BKK?

MooNoi

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Flashermac is right.

I didn't know about Cambo, Viet and Burmese. Somehow, quite a few Chinks are still there (recent PRC imports, no Thai spoken). There's a 100% PRC whorehouse (at corner of Soi Phaung Dao) and even a whole Chinese Whore Mall (floor above Tesco at Tnn Mangkon). If you care to know what *really* crappy service is like, try one. Don't pay them over 500, please they barely deserve 300. It's fun, in some weird way.

For the record, most Thai freelancers are in streets near the traffic circle here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=tesco&sll=13.740125,100.510933&sspn=0.001433,0.002411&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=zi&radius=0.1&split=1&hq=tesco&hnear=&ll=13.741641,100.514619&spn=0.002866,0.004823&z=18&iwloc=A

As for HIV, the percentage of STDs is probably higher than in the bars. Lots of dodgy looking clinics around. However, note that girls in the bars look clean, but they're *far* from safe, those STD "test" results are not worth the paper they're printed on. Wrap it up, no exceptions.

No idea about underage, haven't seen then and wouldn't be looking. It does pay to be careful, of course.

I'd venture to say no bargirls from Nana would freelance in Yaowarat, it's a different market. Most customers are Thai (and Chinese) so expectations looks, service and pricing are all *very* different. It's also rather far away from Soi 4.

If it's still there, the really raunchy market was at the klong right behind the Ministry of Defence at the se end of Sanam Luang and across from the Grand Palace. The Thai tuk-tuk and taxi drivers would go there. I think 300 baht was top price, maybe go for 200. Made even Chinatown look posh. Some over-the-hill hookers there, though surprisingly you'd see a few nice looking younger ones. Still, I wouldn't touch them even wearing a wetsuit. I'd heard about it and walked over to see it. Yikes.

@Flashermach, good summary.

That area is roughly bounded by Th Rachadamnoen Klang (big road south of Khao San, parallel to it), Atsadang (with a klong and market), Th Bamrung Muang and Th Tanao.

It looks quite scary indeed, but there is a ton of workers. The way street freelancer scene on lower Sukhumwit is going (no way but down, no new thinning lines of old tired ones with ugly Africans mixed in), it will not be long until this lowest downmarket area surpasses it.

Anyway, if one's nose is not too sensitive, it's always possible to find an odd good peanut in the turd.

I do remember the good old days (only several years back) when one could find an odd hot 20-something y.o. uni students from Chiang Mai (or Rai) part timing between Suk Soi 3 and 7... quite different by now.

Archived