BTS Airport link

Lusty

At 15 Baht a ride, it is OK...but...last night waited at the airport for the Link, 15 Min or so, 30 Min ride to Suk, far farkin walk down the stairs to the BTS, then BTS to On Nut...took over one hour.

taxi is much quicker, no humping down the stairs or long waits for the elevator. Some families, backpacks, luggage, kids...I rate the Link D+

Not well thought out and if/when they raise the fare to 150 Baht(?), not an option for me, as taxi will be cheaper and door to door service.

Exactly, last week, I humped about 40 Kilos down 4 flights of steps at Saphon Kwai. Couldn't see my footing and almost fell. Than onto a crowded Skytrain, than down another 3 flights of steps. It took 1.5 hours.

Yesterday, I took a taxi from BKK to my door, in 45 minutes, no stress or strain. The taxi fare, with 50 Baht surcharge was 225.

The airport link is good for the airport staff, as previously noted, but I wouldn't take it again. Even with no luggage.

I have used the Rail Link several times. I like it. I have had a few quick flights with a light bag and I met friends arriving - no problems coming and going!

I have used the Rail Link after 1130 PM with big bags. From Makkasan to Sukhumvit by meter taxi was less than 70 baht. Total of meter taxi plus Rail Link ride to just near the Ibis on Soi 4 came to around 85 baht. Even when the price goes up in January the fare will still be pretty good.

Yeah, I did have to walk a bit with my bags in a cart at the airport. But most of the up and downs were by elevator, escalator or moving ramp. I walk a lot anyway and even with heavy bags I didn't think it was much of a bother. Being retired for awhile now I am probably older than many of the posters on this forum!

Now if the Rail Link and Skytrain could stay open an hour or two more I would be very happy!

Archived