Ok, its time to look for an Apartment. Advice?

TheCorinthian

There is some Jim Thompson silk thing in the area, maybe farther down, closer to Soi 93 but I will give it a look for the future.

I am in a condo now, 15000 Baht, one year old, semi-furnished, which is GE (Good Enough) for the next few months.

I have the motorsai so living off the beaten track is OK and they do run the baht trucks up/down Soi On Nut all the time, so easy to get around. :up:

There was a local Thai massage shop near Soi 93, but on Soi 30. Good massage, no extras (at least in the shop, :hubba: ) for 100 baht/hour. No stunners there, but a few drinks, dim the lights :sex:

If you really want to keep it cheap, do what I used to do: pick an area you think you'd like to live in, and hire a motorcycle taxi guy from one of the queues in the neighborhood to take you around from building to building.

Those guys not only know where all the apartment buildings are in their area, they also know which ones have vacancies and what the amenities/quality of life is like in each. However, you do need to speak a fair bit of Thai to pull this off.

Soi 41 was excellent value for the location.

Also the apartments at Thong Lo and Suk, good value, 8500 Baht for a studio.

have to go farther out for bigger/cheaper, good value places...Bang Na, On Nut,etc.

I think the apts. in Thong Lo he's referring to are

SK APARTMENTS 02 712 4111. Great location, 50 yds from the BTS.

Archived