Royal City Avenue Area

xenono

I was wondering if someone could give me a rundown on the Royal City Avenue area.

From what I can gather it is an entertainment area mostly for young Thai people. Are farangs welcome as well?

Are their any popular discos there?

And finally, if I take a bar girl there one night would that be a good idea or should we stick to some place like Angel's.

Just curious because I haven't been able to find a lot of information about this place.

Thanks.

Xenono,

I have been once and yes farangs are welcome (epecially in the toilets), the discos there are huge and some crowded but probably not as much as a few years back. I am sure you BG would love to go there as I was taken by a BG from Nakon Phanom with expensive tastes, but depending on your age you may feel a little old as it's mainly for the teeny bopers. I think the Baron wrote a good article on it a few weeks back.

Cheers Fred

RCA?- well I had problems with Warner Brothers !!

Went there once and the first woman I saw said."I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception!"

fast_fred,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't check it out the last time I was in Thailand and it is on my list of things to see.

I bought a CD that was titled "Best of RCA Dance Hits 2" when I was there in November. At the time I had no idea what Royal City Avenue was. But I really enjoyed the CD.

Do you have any personal disco recommendations? I think I'll try to find the Baron's article you mentioned as well.

I'm 27, which I think is younger than most, but not all, that participate in this hobby. Hopefully I won't look too out of place.

I think I'll be checking this place out on my next trip to BKK.

At 26 I'm probably one of the young ones too. I look even younger which I always find a plus, espcially in Thailand. It's amazing how far a smile can get you there! Of course being a most hansum man doesnt hurt either lol.

Post a report if you make it out there!

Chris

Some of the fondest memories I have of Thailand are those spent at the discos dancing, partying, and drinking the night away with a young Thai lovely.

I also had the chance to get exposed to some new music that I don't normally have access to here in the U.S. I think the next time I go I will probably come back with an armful of music CD's.

I am not scheduled to return to Thailand until the beginning of September, but I plan on exposing myself to a lot of areas I didn't get a chance to see the first time around last November!

the RCA's are definately worth checking out - at least once as a mini las vegas kind of place. at age 28 now I already feel old there, but still like to go now & then for a different environment than sukumvit etc.

basically there's 2 similar areas on each side of rachadapatek rd, where I'd say RCA pechaburi rd with the route66 dance pub is the most excitting one though the clientele at RCA sutthisan may be a bit elder...

anyway the music is VERY loud inside thevarious bars/disco's lining an entire street, while in the outside restaurents/bars it's lower!

in the same area you'll also find the huge disco's like dance fever, holliwood, sparks, phuture etc...

go have a blast, but don't expect to cummunicate much with the locals, but enjoy their sexy outfits...

Yep definately worth a look....I was 33 when I went and I felt very old indeed. Its worth going if only for the toilet show, very difficult to have leak with 2 pairs of hands trying to crack your neck though.

• 2 weeks later...

RCA attracts a fairly-well-to-do crowd of very young Thais. I would say the age range is late-teens to early 20's, with the median being 19 or so.

Some of my younger farang friends (good looking guys, models in fact) who live here and speak passable Thai have done quite well there, but if you are older, or just visitng, I doubt you would have a lot of luck hooking up there. However, the scenery is VERY nice and if you have a girl already, she would probably enjoy herself there while you look at the landscape...

Archived