Royal City Avenue Area

xenono

IMHO: Young good-looking farang men should be kicked out of Thailand pronto! Tarred and feathered if they are models. They give us sad older ones too much competition. IMHO. frown.gif

"though the clientele at RCA sutthisan may be a bit elder... "

What's going on with RCA 2?I had the impression from my last trip there that most of the places were closed down.For that reason haven't been back in over a year though...

About RCA,I don't find it such a difficult place to score,but remember not only well off kids hang out there,it seems that quite a few hookers and girls needing guys to support them enjoy that strip of discos too.

Note too that the place got a lifting recently,even opened a disco where everything happen behind walls(the usual club there has window walls and has tables on the street too.As well as lots of sexy dancers if the place is popular.Route 66 beeing the most popular

Well I live near the Huay Kwang intersection on Ratchada, which is one away from Sutthisan. As far as I can see when going in that direction there is no RCA 2 anymore.

CM

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up this old thread again. Last Friday night (Sep. 20th) I visited the RCA area for the first time. Went with my GF and some of her friends to the dance pub 'Route 66'. We arrived there around midnight. The place was totally crowded with young and not so young Thais but there were also some young and middle aged farang. Most of the visitors seemded to be in their mid to end twenties. Lots of really beautiful girls.

We had a hell of a good time. Usually on Fridays or Saturdays we always go to 'Dance Fever' disco on Ratchada but we decided that we'll give the RCA a try. That was a very good decision. Will frequent this place more often from now.

'anyway the music is VERY loud inside thevarious bars/disco's lining an entire street, while in the outside restaurents/bars it's lower! "

A couple of weeks ago I brought a friend there and he couldn't take the music that loud.It was Thursday,I prefer the week ends and hang out in the outside tables

"in the same area you'll also find the huge disco's like dance fever, holliwood, sparks, phuture etc..."

Future has been for a while now Club 20,a kind of Forte but with much better looking dancers,definetely a place to have a drink if U don't mind only looking at the performers

great entertainment value, have been four or five times and will be going back for more (being one of the younger ones i dont feel too old there either). helps if you can speak thai, you'll get on with the rest of the party goers a lot better, thats if you can shout above the music. definately plenty of stunners there also.

How important is speaking Thai in RCA

LOL! Besides the fact that RCA is groups of friends huddled around tables with a bottle of scotch on it, no one in a RCA disco will be able to hear you even if you are screaming into their ear from 6 inches away. This is no exaggeration. Just think back how you liked your music as a teenager -- LOUD

Rabbit is partly right.Lots of tables outside,music still very loud but you kindda can talk.Some bars around are quieter than Route 66 or Morgan as well.U won't loose much to check it out and it's quite likely U'll have fun

Archived