Penang Visa Run: VIP Bus or Train?

I used to take the VIP bus down to Hat Yai. I have to admit, it's very comfortable. On one journey. I was allocated a seat right at the front upstairs. It was great, I thought, infinite legroom, tasty Thai bird sat beside me. Unfortunately, I had a view of just how insane the driver was. Upon approaching a red light, he would simply blast his horn and speed through. It took a mere 11 hours to go from Hat Yai to Bangkok.

Although, I've never been involved in a coach crash or know anyone who has, I've read about a fair few accidents on the southern Thailand roads. Now I take the train. It's as slow as hell but, call me an old faggot, it's safe.

Tootall: Using a visa service is NEVER safe, and many, many wankers (and ONLY wankers, IMO, use these services) have run afoul of the law upon discovering what they THOUGHT was a real visa turned out to be fake. Don't do it. Seriously.

Fred Garvin: There are no trains passing through Phuket province at all. Phuket is an island, and it is connected to the mainland by one road highway only. You might could go to, oh, Surat Thani, then take a bus or van.

"A train to Phuket; no."

I sense that some are suggesting that a *train to an island* is impossible. Um, bridges maybe? Just maybe? Lighten up.

Yes, the healthclubs offering anything else than massages are still there. Been to the Cathay HC last year, had a cute snow white chinese babe with a butt to die for, but service was terrible. She was giving head in a way I never got before, but the FJ was quick and way too professionell. Paid about 150 MR, which seems to be normal foreigner price as I paid nearly the same at Cititel MP and the Hotel Malaysia. But Georgetown is really fun, love this place. It's a shame it's not in Thailand! Bye, H.

"I sense that some are suggesting that a *train to an island* is impossible."

Ha! Trains to islands INDEED! Next you'll try to say that trains go to Singapore!

Archived