china in the mid east

temfarang

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/17/103872/chinas-rise-in-the-middle-east.html

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu was in China this month touting the "new cooperation paradigm" between Ankara and Beijing.

the nascent military relationship between NATO partner Turkey and China. The most recent manifestation of these ties was the unprecedented inclusion in October of Chinese warplanes in the Turkish military exercise Anatolian Eagle, maneuvers that previously had included the U.S. and Israel.

* China is the leading oil and gas investor in Iraq,

* Beijing has gotten in on the sale of weapons - worth in excess of $100 million - to the new government in Baghdad.

Beijing did not choose Iran, Syria and Turkey as the focal point of its regional "outreach" by accident. These northern-tier Middle Eastern states all have complicated if not problematic relations with the United States and increasingly close ties with one another

>> editorial comments <<<<<<<<<

the attitude of america is lub us or we'll kill you (personified by the ominous threatening presence of the insecure 5'5" bullies covered with 'ink' that dominate the 21st century US military)

for 10% of what america spends to murder, china spends to enamor.

china is kicking the post colonial west's arse on every level.

china is not seen as a colonialist .. but as a comrade non-white victim of murdering / thieving white colonialism

much of the world hates the bully colonialists & will despise in perpetuity all that the colonialists are .. or ever will be.

I forget the song but BB is the artist:

"don't beat her .. she'll be harder to catch next time"

Not difficult to see that China will become more involved in Mid East affairs.

By extension I have long believed that they will become a major arbiter in the mid east conflict. History tells us that anyone who depends on the oil there and has a big enough army will explicably become tied politically to the region.

I say good, let China have at it. I'd love to see us out of the region. China has been making a huge investment in its Navy. Its never been known as a naval power per se but I've read articles that they are trying to enlarge it to a large degree. I think they do have a naval presence in the mediterranean now and I expect them to be in the Gulf soon if they aren't there already.

Archived