Urgent: Constitution Court acquits Democrats

Flashermac

As I see it, the court voted not to accept the suit since it had been filed improperly. The Democrat Party has certainly not been found innocent of the charge. What's to stop the Election Committee from filing a second time and doing it properly? :hmmm:

Because the EC does not have a time machine that would allow them to file the charges within 15 days of December 17, 2009 when the EC meet and agreed that the Democrats should be dissolved on the two charges (despite the Party Registrar saying no wrongdoing occurred on the first one). By waiting until April 21, 2010 to file a case with the Constitution Court they poisoned the case forever. Something Arisman never thought about when he ordered the UDD to storm the EC and threaten the members with bodily harm to them and thier families if the case was not sent to the court.

I think the court allowed the case to be heard in public in its entirety even though they knew it was technically in error, in order to allow the public to make up their own minds about any improprieties and that judgment will be reflected in the next general election.

Apparently the second case of the TPI donation does not require the 15 days limit. But it is widely acknowledged that this case has very weak evidence and both the DSI and SEC have declined to prosecute TPI of any wrongdoing which will make it difficult for the court to rule against the Democrats if TPI is not also punished for making the donation.

TH

I thought it was interesting that the court allowed all the testimony to proceed - prosecution and defence - when they'd already apparently decided they couldn't accept it. But 2 judges disagreed with the majority. I'd like to see how they thought they could get around the time restriction.

Archived