Sukhumvit nightlife zones closed for election

Faustian

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know theres another thread about things in Thailand that piss people off. But this nonsense really has to be up there near the top of my list. Not a big deal when I was living there but now I'm a tourist just another reason to become an infrequent tourist!

Simie.

I've heard Nana and Cowboy are open, but most not selling booze. :dunno:

Flash, that might be a big point for the young studs but not so much for old married guys like you and me ;) I just want to be able to walk in to a bar of my choice and order a beer! :(

Simie.

I know theres another thread about things in Thailand that piss people off. But this nonsense really has to be up there near the top of my list. Not a big deal when I was living there but now I'm a tourist just another reason to become an infrequent tourist!

Simie.

What is bizarre about it this time is that the elections seem to be almost all in the tourist areas. Nothing going on in residential areas and I can buy all the beer I want.

I can understand no booze on election day, but why the day before and after?

all I can say is, a terrible Welcome to Thailand as I arrive in Bangkok in about 5 hours, haha. oh well, if regular practice is followed, they'll start selling again at midnight tonight (Sunday)...and then of course there's always Patpong, which NEVER closes!

oh well, if regular practice is followed, they'll start selling again at midnight tonight (Sunday).

Normally they would, preahko, but today is the King's birthday, and I know all bars in Pattaya will be closed all night. Perhaps the same in BKK too.

I think some of you guys are missing the whole point? Or perhaps too much time in Thailand?! We all know you will still be able to get a drink somewhere or a tart if they want one. I think its called "not being able to see the wood for the trees"?! When people pay thousands of £, $, Euros or whatever on a holiday they want to be able to do within reason what they want when they want. They don't want to have to sit drinking in their hotel room or like a criminal nervously looking around whilst drinking beer from a tea cup! ;)

Simie.

Archived