NY eve party cancelled

tartempion

I met this fellow countryman on the net, his GF comes from the village I live in. He asked me if I could find a resort nearby for him to stay from Christmas to New year, not wishing to drive to a Udon hotel each night.

For compensation he invited me at the NY eve party he would pay for in the village, at the parents house from his GF. He ordered tables/food/drinks for a party of 40.

His Gf works in Phuket and he would fly over from France to Phuket around 25th December.

I guess he met this bird during a holiday stay two years ago and even traveled to the village here to meet the parents. I think they met 3x.

And yes he has marriage plans.

In November he sent some money to the GF to enable his son (10 years young) to come to visit her in Phuket. An uncle accompanied the boy.

Soon after that the lady in question stopped the relationship and my friend canceled his trip.

He lost some money, having booked/paid flight tickets Phuket-Udon for both of them.

Immediate reaction of my GF on this news was: The boys uncle must be the father of the boy, isn't?

An other poor sod to add to the long list of duped farangs. This one did not loose too much money though :footinmou only a broken heart.

I am an indirect victim also: suited me fine, no need to drive on the roads with all the drunks tonight. I guess I will stay in my home or buy some booze and sit with the GF's family :tophat:

Well, if she's from your village, every one would then have known for years the uncle in question wasn't a uncle. Hence i'd be asking how come you found out so late? Tell the wife to keep you better updated with village gossip. One lady in our village has 3 farang husbands who seem to show up occasionally. I say nothing, which is why i'm trusted with the knowledge. Sadly we're not having a party, off to udon, we'll stay the night there. May pop in tomorrow on way home though?

Well happy new year to all anyway! Hope you all have a good time and wish all of you good health, happiness and prosperpus times ...

I have to play comedy again. But then again the only new years eve I had off in theblast 7 years Santika burned down and I got to watch the fire from a distance.

Maybe better to work :p

W

Archived