You really really have been here too long when:

Nervous God

There was always a yearly thread about being here too long. Cute things like catching a baht bus, arguing with the som tum vendor on word chilli's. Via sort of thing. In my defence i haven't 'lived' in bangkok for nearly 2 years but. . . . . Today i worried that beer, a tall bottle was a expensive item. That 20 baht for mango was way too much. 20 on a motor bike instead of 15 was worth arguing about. And 50 baht for lunch including a coke was a good meal out. Sigh, i have been far too long up country! This big city is pang mark! I am waiting for one of the three new bangkok gig's, in a tiny som tum shop. I really really have been here too long when girls with bodies to kill for know that 100 baht for gai yang is too much, instead, THEY take me to a cheaper place. Sigh.

Yup!

I've just got back from a day trip to Pattaya with wee ones; birthday treat for boy was 'Ripley's Believe It or Not'.

We left at 10am, snack pizzas and a seafood thing on rice at Pizza Hut on Beach Road (it's a kid thing, okay?) which came to a 1000 for four. Then the entry fee for for attractions at Ripley's with the wrist band - even with a slight discount came to 3200.

Pottering about - ice creams and sundry crap (you know how it is) and I'm sitting here now thinking 'fuck!'

Central Festival and a late lunch. Impressive place. Impressive bill!

I successfully avoided any freakiness on the streets - although I have to say that there were some seriously strange and solitary blokes lurking around that first (Royal Garden Plaza) shopping mall; it's not my imagination. I know the score with these fucks.

Straight home for 6pm. Still have to do next week's shop at Big C. No biggie but - fucking hell. We won't be making a habit of it!

Please, no ego-wanks on the lines of 'I spend more than that on a small Scotch in my gentlemen's club in Pall Mall.' I live in Thailand, not Pattaya.

(It's actually pretty good that Ripley's for kids, although it was a bit overwhelming sometimes for the lad - we had to pass on the Haunted House thing. A bit of a waste, but even that Infinite Maze freaked him out a bit in the dark parts so it was my call and I called it right. No. Enough already.)

You are so right!

When we were on that lower level outside, there was a bloke made up like a zombie, carrying a chainsaw, running up behind a falang on the outside balcony overlooking the ticket office (the foreigner was oblivious to all this) and that put the mockers on us going in there, right from the off.

We can joke - but you know and I know...they won't laugh. Logically though - it was a Thai guy doing all the Freddy Krueger stuff. Where do they get the staff? :grin:

You are so right!

When we were on that lower level outside, there was a bloke made up like a zombie, carrying a chainsaw, running up behind a falang on the outside balcony overlooking the ticket office (the foreigner was oblivious to all this) and that put the mockers on us going in there, right from the off.

We can joke - but you know and I know...they won't laugh. Logically though - it was a Thai guy doing all the Freddy Krueger stuff. Where do they get the staff? :grin:

Carew you were lucky to get in, took my missus and two kids, the ones you met on the beach that time in Pattaya, and they took one look at the corpse in the coffin outside and flatly refused to go in. Sorry i missed your BBQ will try to catch you in April

You are so right!

When we were on that lower level outside' date=' there was a bloke made up like a zombie, carrying a chainsaw, running up behind a falang on the outside balcony overlooking the ticket office (the foreigner was oblivious to all this) and that put the mockers on us going in there, right from the off.

[/quote']

Carew you were lucky to get in, took my missus and two kids, the ones you met on the beach that time in Pattaya, and they took one look at the corpse in the coffin outside and flatly refused to go in. Sorry i missed your BBQ will try to catch you in April

My BBQ brings all the boys to the yard, and my brisket is better than yours. uh-huh, uh-huh!

Yes, Chris - the coffins didn't help one little bit!

April, hey? A good month for me is April. Hotter than the hobs of hell, but I'm not working. Yaaay!

Just having a lazy Sunday afternoon right now. Starving though.

:content:

Archived