1 week and 5K USD ...

gobbledonk

If you had a week to live, only 5K USD and you had to factor in airfare, where would you go and what would you do ? I'm limiting the amount because people get silly when its unlimited :)

Lets assume perfect health and a pecker that works, although I suspect that most people with a week to live focus on other things - fortunately, this is T360, so have at it !

Gobble

Thats difficult. Many places I would still want to visit :/ .

I wouldnt follow my pecker with one week to life. But if it would have to be a place with both possibilities for sex and a place that I want to see for history (my big passion) it would be the Sipsongpanna. The southern part of China where tribes life that speak a form of Thai and that used to be a part of Thai history (early Thai city states and all)

If not following my pecker it would probably be me trying to either scale mount everest, the great barrier reef or Antarctica.

Perfect health but only a week to live? :hmmm:

p.s. My Mrs has been to Sipsongpanna, went several years ago with a group of teachers from Chiang Mai. She was interested because a couple of her great grandparents came to Chiang Rai from there. She said the cities are full of Han Chinese settlers, but in the countryside she could easily talk to the people using Kham Muang.

In my condo there are a couple of girls whom are from the Sipsongpanna (if you ask them where they are from they will answer just that, if you ask them in China right .... they will look angrily and say mai chai ... Sipsongpanna)

They are drop dead gorgeous btw :p

Flasher, I can assure you that people in Christchurch and Sendai didnt know they only had a week to live, and most of them would have been in perfect health :(

The thing about a fantasy is that you dont dwell on the parameters - you just go with it. I think we all recall a certain board member who posted constantly about his Nigel-esque exploits with countless whores who, apparently, had an insatiable thirst for his semen. For him, this would have been a simple exercise, but for the rest of us ...

On the point of the 'Tai' language still spoken in the border regions and southern China, I posted on this a couple of years back and was told that it was a very different language to modern Thai. There are so many tribes in that little corner of the world that they could be speaking anything from French to Vietnamese. I find the 'Tai' people entry on Wikipedia very interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_peoples

During my time in Guanxi, it quickly became apparent that the locals spoke a different language to the (predominately Han) Chinese tourists in places like Guilin and Nanning. Like Singaporean Chinese, I suspect that younger Chinese in these areas float in and out of whatever dialect takes their fancy.

My Mrs tells me that she can usually tell which province in the North a Kham Muang speaker is from - and we are just talking about a fairly small area of Asia. Then again look at the UK. How many accents and dialects are there in just one fairly small country?

I was quite surprised to find how different Kham Muang vocabulary is from Lao. Many nouns are completely different, though the verbs are much the same.

When the VN War was still going on, the Bangkok Post interviewed a White Thai nurse from northern South Vietnam. She said it was easy for her to pick up Central Thai so she could study here. It was quite a change for her to be in a big city for of people she had so much more in common with than the Vietnamese. Plus nobody was throwing bombs at restaurants or shooting people (in comparsion anyway).

It is the traditional dresses.

I had to look for Vietnamese for a tv commercial a couple of weeks ago. I ended up with Viet students from ABAC.

I asked them if possible to also send me pictures of themselves in traditional dress.

The girls changed from plain pretty on the pictures in western clothing to very very very beautifull in their traditional costumes, which many of them still wear when they are in Vietnam!

I always ask all of my "talents" to send me photos in traditional dress if they have them. It makes them look much better, prouder and better sellable! Some of the Indian girls I have also. Plain Janes in western clothes ..... but in traditional clothing .... oh my!

Archived