Nana Plaza Pay Bar Price Update Needed: YES

NokTang

Yes, I know a dumb question, but yeah, I need to know and yep, don't have time to read a thousand post and figure it all out.

Here are the rumors I have:

Some were 600baht, but customers refused to cater the establishments, so reduced to 500baht.

One place, "Bottoms Up" is Thai owned and managed, and is "only" 350baht. I don't recall location of this bar, I think first floor??

All that matters to me is knowing what it is, not wanting to be worked or scammed. If a place is tring to be competive and offering 350baht, I will in fact show my appreciation for the gesture and have a look in next week! Likewise, gougers with pay bars above 500baht and beer prices above 100baht will be avoided if possible. That is all.

thanks,

Nok

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noktang,

Was at Nana at one of the Bar beers last month, went to see my regular 'afternoon'ST/BG..they raised the Barfine to 600Bht. what a rip-off, what could i do, hadn't seen her for four months, she was sick for two days, which means she had to shell out those two days, also..it was expensive cause i BF'd her for 4 days............i hope your right about them lowering the bar........

Seems steep, especially for beer bars.

Top Cat, I stopped by the Cat House one night this past weekend, too late for the all-you-can-drink beer special, but I noticed that your bar fines are 500 baht. I would have thought that that was somewhat expensive for a nongogo place.

Honestly, I don't even think about it.

I want a girl.

She costs X amount.

Your here to get laid.

They are here to get paid.

End of story.

You can't really barter when it comes to this. I did, however, recently have two occasions where at my disapproval the bar did lower it to 500 baht. I would say it is in no way worth it to walk away though for the 100 baht.

I understand price controls and such, and we've definitely treaded this water many times here on Nanaplaza, but I think if you find the right girl go for it, maybe go check the one you mentioned, but I don't know the 350 baht side of the story?! or if it's true. (familiar territory is mostly where I end up)

"I would say it is in no way worth it to walk away though for the 100 baht."

True to a point, but higher bar fines result in my hunting elsewhere and not being there in order TO walk to begin with. I have not been in Star of Light since last October, but the BFs there at that time were 300 baht, and there was a real cutie whom I was seeing. Madrid Bar was 300 last time I looked. What are the BFs in Soi Cowboy like? 500 and 600-baht BFs tend to ward me off.

[color:green] All that matters to me is knowing what it is, not wanting to be worked or scammed. If a place is tring to be competive and offering 350baht, I will in fact show my appreciation for the gesture and have a look in next week! Likewise, gougers with pay bars above 500baht and beer prices above 100baht will be avoided if possible. That is all. color=green>

I gotta laugh at this stuff, sometimes. Are you really not going to take the finest girl you can possibly find because you might have to pay an extra $2.27 extra in barfine for the whole night, and an extra 22 cents for your beer? Here's an idea.....next time your in 7-11, just resist buying that extra large snickers bar, then you can go over there and live like a king. I mean, your spending how many $100's (maybe $1,000's) to get there, plus hotel cost.....and now, just when you finally get to pick your long dreamed about Thai girl, you decide then to start pinching penny's. If a couple of extra dollars is going to keep me from finding what I'm after, I'd WALK from the fucking airport to Nana Hotel. Save me 500 baht in taxi fare. Then I could go into those real expensive places 5 nights running, and get me what I came here for......the best that was available smile.gif

Just kidding here. Well...I'm not if you're from US. I do understand 100 baht is a big deal to those on low payscales who live there, and for punters from countries that may not have a good exchange rate, and the problem of really high escalation of bar prices. But being "gouged" and "scammed" at 500 to 600 baht? All I know is that this is THE one stage of my trip I'm not letting 2 lousy dollars and change stand in my way of having the best time I can.

Choke dee....

Wait...here's a better idea. Visit the 600 B/F places, and only drink 9 beers instead of 10. Check bin same-same. Then only agree to 100 baht less for girl than you would pay her ordinarily. This will allow you to explore BKK unrestricted, and maximize your sanouking pleasure. Also, that walk from the airport is a bitch.......pack light if you choose this option.

Archived