Nana Plaza Pay Bar Price Update Needed: YES

NokTang

High Thaied: Where does it stop? We get "used" to paying 500 and 600 baht, then a few months from now it will be 700 or 800, and the cycle continues. Drink prices are up. BG fees are up anyway from a few years ago. It does add up, especially if you're making a local salary, and this is just one more development in an ongoing process. $2.27 can be a damned big deal when that represents what you pay for more than two full meals each normal day.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Siam Sam,

I do understand this. Really. I posted as such. My post was geared to the tourist, who spends $$$'s just to get there. If I lived there, I'd be screaming the loudest. It does seem the largest increase by far though, has been the prices the girls themselves are asking. Seems has near doubled in the past few years. 2,500/3,000 baht L/T? I never even heard of that even a year ago in March (been there twice since then). 500 to 600 is a 20% increase, and you expect go-go's to be on the more expensive side. I didn't know beer bars were getting up to that point too. That is a much larger jump from what they were charging. That I can sympathize more with. They do not have the overhead a go go has.

High Thaied....your posts are well taken...yeah, if you meet a stunner on your holiday, fooling around over $2 seems insane. On the other hand, tourists are the ones who drive up the prices. I met a gal in the Thermae a year ago, who was an absolute sweetie...university gal, spoke fluent Japanese and very good English, foxy as all heck....we talked for about an hour, the whole time me being thrilled to the knowledge that i was going to take her home.....then, just as i asked her to leave, she asked how much i was going to pay her. I told her i never payed more than 1000 baht all night, that this was the going rate, and that i normally didn't even talk about money....she asked for some amount far beyond that, something that was unsusual even for the Thermae.....needless to say, she soon was off in another tourist's arms.....on a certain level, we farangs are comparatively wealthy...but always paying the extra tends to reinforce the image of the rich farang, and soon the $2 becomes $4.....imagine if a 1 or 200$ service in our countries became $400...we would certainly complain, or assume that the payer was filthy rich with no concept of money and worth.

Hi Oldian,

A much talked about problem, and a serious one. 100 baht is half a days wages to many people working in the LOS. I very much understand the problem. I just don't have any answers. Telling a tourist who has been saving for 6 months, and has just 5 days to experience as much as possible, and that he should not frequent half the bars in NEP because if he spends that extra 2 dollars in a bar, it will make it hard on locals, is not realistic. It's this low pricing that draws so many of us. If girls were $15,000 baht S/T (like in many countries), the majority wouldn't be there. It all comes down to the exchange rate, and wages in LOS. Bar owners raise prices because they can, like anywhere else. The key is raising the local wages to meet surrounding demand for goods and services. I don't see that happening in the near future. So what's the solution? What realistic idea's do the local expats have. What would they have the usual tourist do? Or at least "like" to see them do?

So, what ARE the BFs in Soi Cowboy these days? Still as low as two or three months ago, the last time I paid one? Or is everybody coming up to the NEP level?

"I'd WALK from the fucking airport to Nana Hotel. Save me 500 baht in taxi fare."

and later

"2,500/3,000 baht for LT"

and still later

"if girls were 15,000 baht ST (like in many countries)"

High Thaied:

It seems you are paying 2-3 times for all of your services. I don't know, maybe your girls are all Miss Universes but it's big of you that your generosity is non-discriminatory, extending to the cab drivers as well. Or, since I'm certain this doesn't include a ST, maybe its Mario Andretti who buzzes you into town?

Wow, smart-ass award noted. I think High Thaied is well, Mr. Realistic in some ways -- granted the prices are high, but for L/T I'm sure lots are paying this..

Point taken especially about the glut tourists LOS is receiving (which I am noting many are new and surprisingly, well, different.. comparative to the crowd that you saw even 5 or 6 years ago) that are jumping in with both feet, and wallet to guarantee sanuk. Look at the size of this board... information is flying around, and having its effect -- no turning back, that's certain.

So, Siam, I don't know for sure what Cowboy BF is.. I haven't been in like 3 weeks. I actually did not pay it then... but think it was NEP Competitive at 500 Baht.

The 350 places mentioned, I thought someone was talking Go-Go's (i.e. NEP) that's why I said, "hey, I've heard of 500 still in Nana, but maybe you should check out the 350's if they exist?" so, everything is perhaps more clear now.

until someone says something else, and back into the maelstrom

2 to 3 times for all my services???

I take a Toyota mini van to/from BKK. Usually come with friend/friends and suit cases won't fit in a small subcompact. Rate is 450 baht with a 50 baht tip. (read 500 baht)

Do you pay 166 to 250 baht with tip? Or do you just not tip.

I have most definitely heard NEP go-go girls asking 2,500 to 3,000 L/T. You need to start reading more carefully before posting. I never said I paid that. Only that I had never been quoted those rates before. And I've read many simular quotes being given to members on this board as of late. That, obviously, does not imply that every girl in NEP is quoting the exact same rates. Simply stated that rates that high are being quoted now. I got a 3,000 baht rate quoted to me from a girl in Rainbow 1 for a S/T in Taboo. I'm stating you wouldn't have heard that 3 years ago.

$340 for a prostitute in larger US cities ? Hong Kong? Japan? You think that is outrageous? You need to get out more. A drink with 3 lap dances will set you back $90.00 in Las Vegas. Want a hostess in almost any bar in Honolulu to sit with you for 5 minutes. $20.00 each for her drinks (usually cokes).

Anything else I can help you with?

There is always "one" who wants to explain to the world how much shit cost in Hong Kong and Las Vegas, have us compare that to Thailand, then call us cheap.

It has nothing to do with the 1-200baht extra, it is all about attitude of the girl and to lesser extent, the bar.

I don't give a damm how many times you guys post here, there, and elsewhere, until Bangkok is a city in Nevada, you can take your price comparisons with same and, well, do whatever with them.

Of course I am on holiday, that does not mean I pay extra for services, I REWARD good services AFTER the fact, thus contributing to the future of the girl as she just MIGHT get the idea if she treats the farang well she will get some extra money, MAYBE I relize.

I also stay in decent hotels FYI, tip well, just don't allow people to SCAM me nor act like I am in Hong Kong and figure 3000baht is a good deal for short time.

warm regards, yes, keep calling us cheap fucks but in reality, you know better. This type of publicity stunts by bars are weak at best, most likely do more harm than good IMHO. 600baht pay bars and 110 baht beers are utter nonsense, does that mean I boycott? of course not, but I don't sit back and say, oh well, that's only $2.50 and it would be $10. in Hong Kong or at Cheeta 3 in Vegas so a good deal.

Nok

Off thread a bit - but I rarely tip , I consider myself lucky to be brought up in a country where tipping is very unusual . Only if someone displays exceptional service will I tip them , & you don'y often see that from BKK taxis . It amazes me that some countrymen consider it cheap if you don't tip . 99% of my life has been lived in no tip countries & I find that when it starts to be expected then the service does not allways improve , more often I just feel like the people I am paying are suddenly looking down on ME just cause I feel they don't deserve any extra than the standard.

I have never tipped a DM taxi driver , or any taxi driver come to think of it , other than when I have been too drunk to bother even thinking about money.

I see tipping the same way as BF's , the more people give the higher the expectation from the employees. I don't blame them , go get whatever they can for sure , but why throw money at them .

That my tipping rant anyway...............

Archived