Obama says Palestine must be based in 1967 borders

acockasian

No matter what you may think of Obama, I think we should be encouraging Presidents to act on principle and not politics.

The elder Bush took a similar stand against Israel and lost the jewish lobby support and it was partially to blame (along with a bad economy) for his losing to Clinton.

I was not supportive of some of the things Dubya did but he acted on what he perceived were principles at times. I thought he was replacing the constitution with theology but to him he was being principled (misguided perhaps) but I at least respect when politicians do what they believe in and not what the polls do. Its up to us as voters to choose the right person.

Principles or more specifically integrity is what I try and look for first. Its why I like Ron Paul. I don't agree with some of his views but he appears very principled and courageous.

Our policies for Israel and Cuba are two foreign affair maintstays we have for the wrong reasons.

I'm a zionist but I also like to think I'm fair.

I don't know nearly as much about the situation in Israel as some. I am hoping that the younger generation are not as dogmatic. Just my guess but it seems like its the older generation that was around for either the holocaust, its aftermath, the founding of the state or its wars in the '50s, '60s and '70s with its neighbors are the most hardlined. Stands to reason. The younger generation are growing up in an Israel that lives better than its neighbors. They also have access to all views and are more global than their parents.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Perhaps for my next video I should ask frat brothers at South Dakota University if they would like their Native American classmates to be jailed for three years for observing the massacre of Wounded Knee. >>

If the Sioux Nation were still a daily threat, they might agree. Especially if Sioux suicide bombers now and then blew themselves up on buses and at shopping centres. :hmmm:

Not to excuse prejudice, but it is useful to try to understand where it comes from. I doubt the Sioux Indians would still advocate expelling all the the pale faces from the Dakotas, but Hamas wants to expel all Jews from Israel/Palestine. The situation is a mess and unfortunately idealistic hopes are not going to change much. :(

Nothing will come of it if any action needs the approval of Congress. There have been bold statements but I can't recall anything recently on the magnitude of pre '67 borders. Can't recall much boldness from Clinton or Dubya...Reagan for that matter. The elder Bush and Obama are the only ones I can recall who have said or proposed to do something that would get AIPAC and Israel up in arms.

Archived