Who cares in the Middle East what Obama says?

Flashermac

Interesting article on events in the Middle East and Obama.

I think Obama is hamstrung having to kowtow to the Jewish lobby group AIPAC to gain re-election. It's an odd state of affairs you have in America where a pressure group representing just 5 million people can make or break the Presidential choice of the other 300 million citizens.

I think (hope?) the gloves will come off in his second term.

One thing is for sure... the times they are a changin' in the Middle East.

:beer:

Worth noting that Robert Fisk hasn’t meet a US president or a US foreign policy he can’t hate and pour venom on. Also, he has joined the 911 conspiracy gang.

I like this description written in 2003 of his ME analysis from an article aptly titled “Air-kissing the terrorists - call it Luvvies Actually:

“For my money his analysis of Middle East politics is a first cousin to believing that aliens take away people in flying saucers†Link

:rotl:

TH

I think it’s the source of your linked article Eoghan Harris who is away with the fairies or UFOs. Harris is a proven liar(see below)and condemned by historical facts for having got it wrong.

Harris was a fervent supporter of the Iraq invasion in 2003 ostensibly looking for non existent WMD (when really we now know it was all about oil) and in his befuddled mind Harris thinks that attacking Saddam Hussein had something to do with the war on terror, he wrote “Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda pose us with the same moral problem as Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in September 1939. Do we line up behind the only two leaders ready to resist these reactionaries, George W Bush and Tony Blair?†quoted from your 2003 link supporting war in Iraq.

...fuck me..even Bushit admitted there was no link between 911 and Saddam Hussein. Saddam would have lynched Al Qaeda.

Perhaps Eoghan Harris should apologise to the mothers of the 1000s of allied soldiers for supporting a war in Iraq thinking they were fighting Bin Liner when they were actually in the wrong country!

Harris calls Robert Fisk a lunatic for saying there was a possible link between 911 and US foreign policy in the Middle East, which was propping up dictatorships and corrupt royal families, as well as the racist state of Israel. Even Bin Liner said that was exactly why he’d sent his terrorists to attack the twin towers.

Robert Fisk was and is spot on.

Come on then tell us, TH, why do you think the 19 terrorists attacked? Surely you’re not going to trot out the old cliche “It was an attack on our freedom and the American way of life.†:spin::whatever:

They couldn’t have given a flying fuck about the American way of life. It was US foreign policy that in their warped minds they were attacking.

This is the calibre of your source Eoghan Harris.

“Harris is at the centre of an internal investigation at the National Film School in Dún Laoghaire, where he lectures. Harris has also incorrectly but accidentally claimed to have received a Silver Bear Award at the Berlin International Film Festival in his entry in 'Who's Who' in Ireland, for his documentary Darkness Visible. Harris insisted that he did win the award, saying that the Berlin Film Festival "mustn't keep proper records". The award he actually received is the Prix Futura, awarded at the Berlin Television Festival. He has since corrected the mistake

Harris has defended the Gaelic Poet Cathal Ó Searcaigh, who admitted buying lavish gifts for and having sex with 16 to 18 year old boys while on charitable visits to Nepal. Harris pointed out that Ó Searcaigh was not a paedophile but rather a paederast, a sexual preference which was common among the great philosophers of Ancient Greece, and that the age of consent in Nepal is 16.â€

Harris is not the most honest of commentators :liar: , eh. Wiki

Give me Fisk any day.:up: He may be brusque at times but having spent half a lifetime in the Middle East knows his stuff.

:beer:

Archived