Unmistakeable Sound of a Thai Girl Laughing

Redbaron

Kicking back at Spencer Street Station, Melbourne, waiting for my son to arrive. A few days earlier the ex wife phoned, and there was a rare opportunity for me to spend a night and full day with my boy - and he was on his way, the next train from Albury was still a while away.

I'd misjudged the traffic and was over an hour early so I was enjoying a cigarette outside while waiting for my large hot chocolate and a big slice of Tiramasu Cheesecake. Surprisingly it arrived quickly, and tasted devine. Real hot chocolate - white chocolate at that, in a big mug perched on top of a cradle with a little tea light candle underneath keeping it warm. The cheesecake was almost big enough to create a heart attack. Almost, but not quite.

The wind was cool, but not cold enough to entice me inside. I was out with the other lepers enjoying another smoke and reading a good book, when I heard the unmistakeable sound of a young Thai girl laughing. The laugh was amazing, right from the bottom of her stomach and high pitched. I guess it was the Thai equivalent of a "guffaw", only more playful.

I looked up, half expecting to see someone from my dark but glorious past but it wasn't her. She was having a great time though. The farang on her arm even looked about her age.

On holidays? Student? Who knows? It was at that point I realised I hadn't had a holiday in years....

The laugh was amazing, right from the bottom of her stomach and high pitched. I guess it was the Thai equivalent of a "guffaw", only more playful.

One of the few things in LoS that ever made sense to me - was the sound of the girls laughing on those fucking oppressive afternoons in the unforgiving heat.

Nice post. :up:

Archived