Stupid questions about LOS

cavanami

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things have improved though. I haven't been asked by a Thai in years that bizarre question ... "Do you have the moon in America?" :confused:

And I don't mean from BGs either. This was from university students. :rolleyes:

p.s. Years ago I had a Dutch neighbour who worked for the UN. One day he told me an older Asian man at the UN had started speaking perfectly fluent Dutch to him. Turned out the guy was from Indonesia and had started school when all instruction was in Dutch.

Everytime I have been to Indonesia I found that they use many words derived from Dutch in their language. Also because of the big influence of Indonesian food in the Netherlands, eating in Indonesia is very easy as I new most of the menu items :)

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Interesting story but sorry to tell you in the 21 years I lived in Hawaii there were no flights to Aukland. Had to go to Sidney...... OOOPs, Sorry to taint the post count king!

I remember quite clearly the first time I was in a German pub, I think it was called 'Die Pferdestall.' Anyway, at this point I could speak no German at all. Went to go to the restroom, and I see 'Damen,' and 'Herren.' Hmmmm. Which door to pick. So logically, I see that Damen contains men, and Herren contains her. Easy. I walk into Damen and BAM, receive a quizzical look from a couple Fraeuleins. Ooops. Nothing to see here folks, just another dumb American. :)

I also remember going to this waterpark in Berlin called the 'Blub.' I pay my money and ask the attendant where to change into my swimtrunks. He points me to a locker room. As soon as I walk in I'm confronted with a couple old Fraus in the midst of undressing. Oooops again. I cover my eyes and hastily retreat. Ask the attendant again where to change, he points to the same door. Huh? Then I see the realization dawning on his face that he's dealing with a naive foreigner. He switches to English and tells me: There's only one room, EVERYBODY changes there.

Oh. :)

I never did get used to all those old chubby German dudes strutting around in skimpy speedos, I suppose not ALL of that American puritanism is a bad thing.

haha. Just kidding.

Kinda.

:)

Archived