Easy one - multiple entry tourist visa

rickfarang

I've read about multiple entry visas and tourist visas (have had many of the former). Will they issue multiple entry tourist visas. I have a U.S. passport, so that would mean multiple back-to-back 60 day stays, if such an animal existed. Has anybody had one of these?

Still mulling over whether the 1 year retirement visa is really the right choics as opposed to continuing to go the tourist visa route.

RickF

Lammock,

I received my 5th 60 day tourist visa this week (Americans aren't as lucky as those who get 90 day visas so easily). It would be nice to make multiple entries at 60 day intervals, but the lack of response from people who have had or even seen a multiple entry tourist visa suggest that there isn't such an animal.

Thank you for the feedback. What to do....hmmmmm.......

RickF

Maximum tourist visa is an 8 month quadruple entry (allowing 4 x 59 day stays)

The Thai tourist visa options are as follows:

a) Single Entry

The validity of this visa is 2 months from date of issue and allows a visitor to enter Thailand for a single period of up to 59 days after which they must depart. A further visit will require another visa which can only be obtained outside Thailand.

B) Double Entry

The validity of this visa is 4 months from the date of issue and allows a visitor to enter Thailand for one period of up to 59 days after which time they must leave the country. They can then re-enter for a further stay of up to 59 days. On expiry of the second stay they must depart and cannot return without a new visa which can only be obtained outside Thailand.

c) Triple Entry

Same principle as for Double Entry except that it allows for up to three visits within a period of six months.

d) Quadruple Entry (maximum)

Same principle as for Double Entry except that it allows for up to four visits within a period of eight months.

Paul,

Thank you for this information. If I can get this, it will simplify my life an awful lot. I am just reluctant to go thrugh the hassle of getting a 1 year visa (including moving 800,000 baht into the country and maybe getting it stuck there) at a time that it seems that foreigners are becoming less welcome.

My next visa application will stipulate multiple entries. Thanks again.

RickF

In reply to:

d) Quadruple Entry (maximum)

Same principle as for Double Entry except that it allows for up to four visits within a period of eight months.

Curiouser and curiouser.

...was in the bowels of Queen's Gate on Monday...thought i would get a quad. entry...Khun Bureaucrat behind the glass said "6 months maximum"... implying I could only do two border runs before doing a visa run...needless to say I reduced the application to a triple.

Was I fobbed off or (more likely) am I horribly confused ?

Phnom Penh is issuing double entry tourist visas as of last week if you want one. Three months ago, you could only get a single entry one there. Each thai consultate seems to vascillate on the number of entries based on what politcal winds are blowing around them at that time........

Cardinalblue

Whilst a quadruple entry visa does exist in Thai law, whether or not they are issued does vary from time to time. Sometimes it depends on the Consulate or Embassy, sometimes a directive may have been sent out from above regarding what can and can't be issued.

At the UK Embassy in Bangkok visitor's visas for Thais do exist, but they are far from easy to come by. At least the Thai Embassy has been up front and told you what is available to you rather than wasting your time letting you go through an application process only to knock you back afterwards.

Try contacting one of the consulates in the UK. They may have a different policy although I wouldn't count on it.

Full list of consulates can be found at http://www.thailand-uk.com

"At the UK Embassy in Bangkok visitor's visas for Thais do exist, but they are far from easy to come by. At least the Thai Embassy has been up front and told you what is available to you rather than wasting your time letting you go through an application process only to knock you back afterwards."

Not the same issue, I know several Brits that have gotten Tourist visas for their TW/GF with no problem. All they had to do was follow procedure, not lie, and prove there is a compelling reason for Thai person to return. The people I know that have been refused admit to either lying on application about job, etc or have not bothered to follow full procedure, thinking that just because they are UK (or US, this applies there as well) they can just go into Embassy and demand visa.

TH

In reply to:

Not the same issue

I appreciate this having had first hand experience (in a positive way) with the British Embassy in Bangkok and in contact with hundreds of other people going through the visa process. The only, albeit vague, similarity I was making is that regardless of the fact that a visa exists, it does not necessarily mean you can get one.

Archived