Mini-Disc Player

Sarisin

Yeah, I'm one of those rare birds who loves the MD format. I have recorded several discs of my favorite music on the little buggers, and I love them for sound quality and portability. Of course, the damn things are not that popular in the US or here in Thailand.

Unfortunately, the rechargeable battery in my Sharp MD702 recorder/player went tits up on me. It does not accept regular alkaline batteries (although there may be an adapter I cannot find here). Anyway, no battery here. When I contacted Sharp they gave me the names of four retailers in the US. Three didn't bother to respond, and one said the battery would cost $109.00 plus shipping and handling. I paid about #140.00 for the entire unit new.

So, I thought I would buy a new MD. I went to WTC and the Sony Store had some, but the cheapest were 11,000 baht.

Any other MD guys out there? Anyone buy one in BKK?

Thanks

Sarisin you dodo! tongue.gif

Talk to T about his Sony NetMD. I helped him locate these things in MBK. On the 3rd or 4th floor in MBK(the floor with the electronics) there are shitloads of vendors selling netMDs. Ask around how much, they varied from 8000bt to 10kbaht. The Sony NetMDs are the best MD players you can get since the ease of computer to md transfer.

For the vendors selling the netMDs cheaper, the catch is that you don't get some of the REQUIRED accessories so you'll have to purchase em. You're probably looking at 11kbaht for a good MD player.

• 3 weeks later...

Net MD is the way to go. I have the 707 and love it. The ability to trasfer tracks at 16-32x from the computere via USB is great!!!

Buy at MBK!!! Much cheaper than the Sony store.

Hey, it took you too long to answer me!

I ended up buying one in the Duty Free store in the Singapore Airport. I didn't get the model you mentioned, but it is a Sony and I love it.

BTW, they had the largest selection of pre-recorded MDs I have ever seen in the same shop. About $12 US for one.

Archived