Tilac Bar - Soi Cowboy

Sarisin

One thing that amazes me is when I have been away from a place a short while, and return to find some major changes. NOTE: I haven't been to Pattaya since September, so that should be a real shocker next time I make it south.

Anyway, with my trip to AC and a few other things, I hadn't been to Soi Cowboy for about two months. Last night I hit a few bars there. Midnite, as usual, was packed and the dancers always are the show there. Our Place, for a change, had some really nice dancers on-hand. Wolfgang, the owner, told me I should have been there earlier as 20 or so had already been bought out - and this was about 11pm.

But, the bar that really surprised me was Tilac, my favorite bar in SC.

First, at least a dozen or so new dancers on stage. Some pretty attractive too.

Second, they were dancing on a new stage. The stage by the DJ had been trashed and a new one built. A little smaller (more seats available) and some new lighting.

Third, the big change. They have added an outdoor bar with about 7 seats. They are selling imported draft beer (Erdinger, and I cannot remember the other brand) for a bit more than the Carlsberg draft you can buy inside. I tried the Erdinger and it was great. You can also order the imported stuff from outside to be sent inside.

The outside bar has a big screen TV there (you face away from the soi). But, the neat thing is that they have a bunch of fans and cooling units pointed directly at you. Last night was not sweltering, but I think these fans will make a difference in the heat.

A nice place to sit outside and watch the action if you tire of the fun inside. And, I don't know of any other gogo bar in town that sells imported draft suds.

194 "views" and no "replies!" Bullshit :-) I can't wait to go to Tilac, and I really like the moving Tilac graphic on the web site. I know it's simple but many of the bar web sites are simply one page with nothing to click! God bless 'em I know they're trying.

Thanks for the update Sarisin, and I'll be checking out Tilac my first day in BKK.

And, thanks for the post humblestudent. Yeah, sometimes you wonder if the post you make here ends up in a parallel universe or something.

I still consider Tilac my favorite bar in SC. Let me know when you are in town and I'll be happy to take you over there and introduce you around. Not that you need that, but sometimes it is nice to know a few of the folks there.

Again, I think you will have a great time here in the LOS.

A useful and positive update -- 11pm 20 girls, that's wild. I guess I never bother to think about how many are missing unless it's really obvious.

Something to consider, getting started too damn late!!!

Remarkably or maybe not I've managed to never wander into Tilac despite numerous Soi Cowboy nights. Not quite sure how that works?

I suppose for those into covering all bases you can do the drunken riotous circuit of all the bars in one night, but we've heard the rigorous discipline this takes (and read the post). hehe

So, I now will be making an effort to go have a look next time I'm down that way.

Maybe we should try a bar crawl through SC. We normally select one side at a time and hit all the bars. Or, in NEP, select one floor and hit all the bars.

Even these crawls are tough for me and I have to mix in soft drinks with the beers.

They can be some of the best nights....bar crawls down SC or NEP...

Look forward to the next ones...

Sanukboot

So Sarisin, are you saying that you live in BKK? If that is the case, then YES, I would like to meet up in Cowboy some night!

Let me know, and as my trip gets closer we can plan on a night. I plan on hitting SC my first night in BKK.

Peace... thaistudent

Sarisin,

Tilac is also my favorite go-go, the place is spacious, atmosphere relaxing and the girls are friendly, no pressure. The girls run the full spectrum 3-9(couple of almost 10's). I saw the construction going on last month, must be nice. Thanks for the report.......

Tilac still plays great songs and the layout for a gogo is one of the best in BKK. Unfortuantely, the quality of the girls is way down compared to what it used to be from 1 to 5 years ago. I just wish they would add some good-looking girls to the place.

Many years ago, almost all the girls were from the same cluster of villages in the NE. I have lost touch with the place if that is still the case. I would assume now probably not, because of the instability and transitory environment of this type of work. Today, it seems that a gogo's girls composition is made up of an assortment of isaan cities/provinces.

The only constant over the years is that 80% are still from the northeast. A girl will have only one or two friends working at the gogo and is usually the reason they end up where they end up. I have always been baffled on how or why a girls selects a gogo to work. Almost always, it is a friend or heard of the place via word of mouth. I don't think a lot of market research goes into how the girls select their places of employment.

Cardinalblue

cardinalblue, I share the same views as you on Tilac. I seldom go there to pickup a girl as Tilac really is my home bar. I like to go there, have a few drinks, listen to the music, and fool around with some old friends there.

You are right in saying the quality of ladies has gone down. However, last Sat when I was there I noticed a new influx of talent. I do know a number of ladies have vanished because they married customers.

And, you are right that most of the girls for Tilac (and Black & White, Shadow, and My Lady) come from the same part of Isaan as the owner often travels to her 'hometown' on 'recruiting' trips. BTW, I have often been told by the owner that she puts the best looking gals in Tilac vs. the other bars, so I don't think you would want to set foot in the other three. smile.gif

Archived