phoning schools

greg

I wasn?t aware you could get interviews for teaching jobs in Bangkok, in the UK.

My plan is/was to get a Non immigrant visa B from the consulate after securing proof of interview. then move to BKK hopefully get the job if not line up more interviews armed with the Non immigrant visa B to get a work permit when I am successful.

I thought this is what most people moving to LOS?

If I enter on a tourist visa how easy is it to change this after being offered a job?

Hi Doog

I live in N Wales and my nearest consulate is in Liverpool which I have visited before to get information.

The girl said in order to get a job in LOS I would need the Non immigrant visa B (which I already knew) she said these are usualy isuued along with the offer of employment froma school/company etc.

What I was wondering is that I am about to phone a school to arrange an intervirew when I move to BKK in July. Therefore whilst on the phone to them what should I ask for in order to show the consulate. The obvious answer is tom ask the consulate however they do not answer the phone personaly and it is quite a drive just to ask for info.

Judging on responces from yourself and Long Gun I now believe that if I enter on a 30 day tourist visa I can upgrade to a non immigrant visa b in a nearby sountry i.e. Malaysia.

If you founf the consulate in Glasgow to be more helpful in turns of issuing non immigrant visa b's on request please let me know as I used to live in Glasgow and still spend a lot of time there.

Greg

Initially I wasn't sure whether you were talking about teaching English or 'proper teaching'. Most of the international schools recruit at recruitment fairs in the UK or through adverts in the Times Educational Supplement and interviews in London hotels - gets the Head a free trip home!

BTW, I'm guessing you know there is a Thai consulate in Cardiff - they were very efficient in issuing my visa at fairly short notice.

LG

Archived