3 Girls File Complaints About Facebook Rapist

limbo

The story in itself is potentially shocking enough but the picture that goes along with the story is confusing. Is this a re-enactment scene? If so, the culprit is really enjoying his antics;

3 girls file complaints about Facebook rapist

Three other girls have lodged complaints about being allegedly raped by a Facebook user after a 14yearold girl spoke up and reported to the police about her ordeal.

The three girls, with the youngest just 13 years old, are based in Nakhon Si Thammarat, where Wimol Srida, 37, was arrested. He admitted to having sex with the unnamed 14yearold but insisted that it was consensual.

Wimol, a security guard at a Phuket hotel, allegedly lied to his Facebook friends that he worked with security operations in the deep South to gain sympathy. The suspect said yesterday that he had only had sex with two girls and it was consensual.

The Nation 17/12/11

One of the things I like about law enforcement in the Philippines was was that the police would parade the accused before the victims family and then stand back while they beat the crap out of him... all on TV nightly news for the enjoyment of the general public.

I'm sorry, but I laughed - that is pathetic. Do the Royal Thai Police not have an office which vets anything which might paint them in a bad light BEFORE its released to the press ? Does the rape of 14-year olds really invoke this kind of 'situation comedy' down at the station ? Little wonder they allow vendors to openly sell child exploitation videos in various parts of BKK - clearly, empathy and social justice just arent in the Thai vocabulary.

(I'm not normally a wowser, but we arent talking about the usual sexual antics here - this was the kind of predatory behaviour which would see any of us jailed for 10+ years in our own country, and I dont know of a single Australian cop who would find it funny)

Archived