If There Was A Train From Swampy To Pattaya ...

gobbledonk

ttm, I have a better idea - lets list all the things that work in Japan but dont work in Thailand. Out of respect for server space that KS has to pay for, better keep it to the first thousand or so. Telling me about the bullet train is about as helpful as me telling you about the Harbour Tunnel in Sydney - it wont help gridlock on Suk ......

Helpfull was your vision (ahead of time) of a bullet train from Souvarnabhumi to Pattaya while there is a train already (so much needed that that you and most of the public do not even know about).

Just told you what your "ahead of time" looks like when it is a reality somewhere since 1964. While not a shame for Thai, it is still space travel for Oz too.

As for space consumed, if all your posts were just only 1 line, I have to attach another 8,000 pictures to consume same space as you on the server. The pics are only half line links + they live on my server.

Relax - I wasnt having a dig about the photo ....

Having caught a couple of trains in Thailand - BKK-Nong Khai and BKK-Chumphon - I would definitely want something:

- faster

- more modern

- where smoking was limited to a single carriage

I realise that all of the above costs money, but dreams are free and that HK experience was difficult to forget : the big end of town might be very rich indeed, but the vast majority of people running around Kowloon seemed to be from the other end of the spectrum. They found the money to get it up and running, and from the number of people on my train I assume that it is paying for itself.

Clearly, when Takky was busy planning his new airport, the issue of how to ferry tourists to Pattaya quickly wasnt too high on his agenda. Given that it took Australians over 50 years to get a train link from Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast, I don't think he was Robinson Crusoe.

Relax - I wasnt having a dig about the photo ....

No?

Original post is here, an excerpt:

Out of respect for server space that KS has to pay for, better keep it to the first thousand or so.

You did not know (and probaly still don't) how it works and that 35 characters that my photos occupy on the server is far less that every single of your posts.

Now, members may debate whether your writeups (1-2-3 screens long) are more telling or interesting than my 35 characters pictures (that you had recommended I should keep down to 1,000).

And the pictures are my own, not junk dragged from the net.

Clearly, when Takky was busy planning his new airport, the issue of how to ferry tourists to Pattaya quickly wasnt too high on his agenda. Given that it took Australians over 50 years to get a train link from Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast, I don't think he was Robinson Crusoe.

Why would it be on anyone's agenda, ever? Pattaya does not even have public transport yet(while is bigger than Geneve, for example) and you are dreaming bullet trains.

For what? What tourists? Into what "tourist" place? They come by busloads on packaged tours, most stay in Pattaya 1 night and then the bus takes them around to the zoo, botanical gardens, crocodile farm...the bus is still needed.

Russians come to Utapao (another bullet train for them?) and need buses from there, buses included into their packages.

There won't be maybe 3,000 people a day (shinkansen has 1,500 seats in each composition and goes every 3-4 minutes) that would even consider any train however fast it was: to take them in 30 mins to their 600B rooms where they can quickly change into singlets and show their tatoos in an instant?

Give me a break.

Then, to get quickly to their "guest friendly" hotels, they would have to pay probably 4 nights worth of accommodation for train ticket, those trains don't come cheap. That assuming they go every 15 mins. To ferry 3,000 people a day. It would be chepaer to let them run for free than to pay a conductor to check 2-3 tickets per train.

Ah, yes, from the supposed bullet train station a mafia of tuk-tuk drivers and taxis would be ready to "where you go" jump them and rip them off, like at Phuket airport.

Archived