If There Was A Train From Swampy To Pattaya ...

gobbledonk

Would it work financially, assuming a few stops on the way down south (Chonburi etc ?)

You do know you are an idiot, right? :banghead:

A fun idiot, but an idiot nevertheless.

:rolleyes:

TH

From Bangkok - Aranyaprathet

There is a daily train from Bangkok to Aran (and one the other way) that stops at Lat Krabang and at Pattaya.

I believe the fare is 31 baht.

TH

You do know you are an idiot, right? :banghead:

A fun idiot, but an idiot nevertheless.

:rolleyes:

TH

From Bangkok - Aranyaprathet

There is a daily train from Bangkok to Aran (and one the other way) that stops at Lat Krabang and at Pattaya.

I believe the fare is 31 baht.

TH

Have another look at the timings on that schedule and tell me how many people are going to catch a taxi to wait for the train that actually goes all the way to Pattaya. I'm thinking something like the 'bullet train' that delivers passengers from HK Airport into the CBD - its fast, modern and there were lots of Chinese on it. I may be an idiot, but I'm an idiot who is ahead of his time - someday, if someone builds it, they will come.

... I may be an idiot, but I'm an idiot who is ahead of his time - someday, if someone builds it, they will come.

Ahead of time? Let me send you a few photos from the future then. That future started in 1964. when shinkansen was introduced.

360_shinkansen1.jpg

Look, distance like Bangkok - Phuket they go every 3 minutes (weekends maybe every 8-10 minutes).

360_shinkansen2.jpg

It has stewardeses too (near supermarket prices for drinks and food, not restaurant):

360_shinkansen3.jpg

And a georgeous Service Manager to ensure everything is right:

360_shinkansen4.jpg

Jump onto the plane (an ordinary plane becomes a time machine in this case) and visit here.

ttm, I have a better idea - lets list all the things that work in Japan but dont work in Thailand. Out of respect for server space that KS has to pay for, better keep it to the first thousand or so. Telling me about the bullet train is about as helpful as me telling you about the Harbour Tunnel in Sydney - it wont help gridlock on Suk ......

Archived