Summer Time In Western Europe

elef

Soon I'm losing one hour of my life - western europe are changing to Summer Time (Some bloody brit named it Daylight saving time (DST). Too bad they don't sending criminals to Botany Bay any more.... Aussies need some new blood, I haven't seen any post by TB but he was reading a few minutes ago...)

If I'm alive last weekend in september I think I get that hour back. But if we die before how do you/me explain to Buddha/Saint Peter or maybe the Devil (as a buddhist I don't believe in Devil and Hell - that's for christians... :cheerleader: ) that we're arriving one hour too early????????? :beer:

It reminds me of an old swedish, catholic film maker (also in theater) - Olof Molander I think - he made films with christian/catholic symbols in the thirties and the forties. An old lady waited for him one day and told him "Sir, I don't believe in the Hell and the Devil." He looked at her a long time and finally said: "Aunt, I think you will get disappointed!" (Probably inspired by some stories about Churchill but I save those for some other night.)

Don't forget that the extra hour of daylight fades the curtains quicker.

It makes it even worse - but soon I will go to Spain but the only who can see it is KS of course.... :elephant:

BTW, have you moved to CR? I think you're an aussie?

It makes it even worse - but soon I will go to Spain but the only who can see it is KS of course.... :elephant:

BTW, have you moved to CR? I think you're an aussie?

like you i have lost an hour of my life........... :angryfire:

it's now 5 am in the uk and i was wondering if it means i have gained an hour on Thailand?.

does Thailand change their clocks?,when it's 5 am in the UK is it then 11 am in Thailand?.

i only ask because i have the clock on my PC on Thai time.

like you i have lost an hour of my life........... :angryfire:

it's now 5 am in the uk and i was wondering if it means i have gained an hour on Thailand?.

does Thailand change their clocks?,when it's 5 am in the UK is it then 11 am in Thailand?.

i only ask because i have the clock on my PC on Thai time.

The answer is no, if you're close to the equator there's no more light to get. OK, it varies a little but more or less sun wakes up 6 am and go o bed 6 pm. Maybe 30 minutes variations in Thailand I guess - I feel to lazy to check it.

Actually I think for once the russians did a clever thing - permanented the summer time all year.

I think most of USA change to summer time but not all states. (OK, it's easy to find out but I let somebody else do that....)

No, Thailand doesn't change it's clocks. Yesterday the time difference with the UK was 7 hrs, today it is 6 hrs.

Good for midweek footy matches here, because now instead of them starting at midnight they start at 11pm, so not so late to bed. :sleeping:

No, Thailand doesn't change it's clocks. Yesterday the time difference with the UK was 7 hrs, today it is 6 hrs.

Good for midweek footy matches here, because now instead of them starting at midnight they start at 11pm, so not so late to bed. :sleeping:

thanks... :up:

i had a vague memory that it changed from 7 hours to 6 but not sure.

yeah this saturday night the clocks go back (2am usually) - one of the old birds at work reminded me today. Sucks for the lads on night shift as they do that extra hour for 'free".

Then six months later the newspapers are filled with letters to the editor saying the extra hour of sun is burning the lawn, fading the curtains, causing skin cancer etc....

Archived